Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wfj said:
philz said:
So Auto? As right now it's just blanked disabled (the onboard)

Just a guess but worth a try...

Just pure yummy... Seems that setting each core individually is not working. EasyTune's settings *sometimes* stick, but if you choose "all cores" rather than each individually it just changes the overall multiplier. Which is fine, as now it's tied to the turbo multiplier.

Regardless this is 4.906 Ghz, max temp of 80 but settles at 74 under load. Still working to bring it lower (was an auto-tune lazy over clock) Regardless will probably settle a bit lower but I think just dropping the Vcore from 1.38 to 1.34 or so will keep it under 70. 5ghz might be possible if I did everything manually, maybe over the weekend.

Beats my Z68 best on the Z68X-UD3H of 4.7ghz but it was a bit spotty–so normally was at 4.6ghz.

Attachments

• Yum.tiff
    998 KB · Views: 345
  • lux.tiff
    63.5 KB · Views: 345
  • Cinebench.tiff
    60.3 KB · Views: 331
EdwinYeow said:
From Modmyi news, Ivy Bridge processors will be out sooner than expected , on the 23th of April.

There are some mixed messages about this, apparently reviews can go live on the 23rd, but the official retail date is still the 29th, although I expect a lot of places to sell them before then, especially as a lot of places already are.

djlild7hina said:
the wifi and bluetooth module does not work with osx as there are no drivers

Not quite true, I guess you didn't see my update a few pages back. The Bluetooth does work, but only from a warm boot after having booted into Windows first.

thelostswede said:
djlild7hina said:

Not quite true, I guess you didn't see my update a few pages back. The Bluetooth does work, but only from a warm boot after having booted into Windows first.

Gotcha, think I read that post but didn't click. :p but i'm assuming the wifi doesn't work right?

djlild7hina said:
thelostswede said:
djlild7hina said:

Gotcha, think I read that post but didn't click. :p but i'm assuming the wifi doesn't work right?

Not so far, no, but it might be possible to jinx it into life at some point, all depending on what Apple sticks in their next gen Macs.

Anyone on Z77X realize that after sleep the max multiplier is different? In my case with the current setting of x48 it will upon wake-up only ever hit x35 (random number). When was not over clocked was always x34 (besides one future probably fixed issue).

Anyone?

philz said:
Anyone on Z77X realize that after sleep the max multiplier is different? In my case with the current setting of x48 it will upon wake-up only ever hit x35 (random number). When was not over clocked was always x34 (besides one future probably fixed issue).

Anyone?

After changing the multiplier into 41, my USB wifi card did not work properly - can not make the connection.

BTW, how do you check the multiplier while in Mac os x?

Thanks.

caching said:
philz said:

Anyone?

After changing the multiplier into 41, my USB wifi card did not work properly - can not make the connection.

Thanks.

That's probably because you are on an unstable overclock. Up the VCore or back the multiplier back down.

Gordo74 said:
caching said:
philz said:

Anyone?

Thanks.

That's probably because you are on an unstable overclock. Up the VCore or back the multiplier back down.

yes, possibly. I'll try to up the vcore.... Thanks.

psydafke said:
ALC 898 is actually working longer than a week on my GA-X79-UD5 thanks to mailorderbride and toleda...

I am new to hackintosh and I am just built one with my asRock z77 extreme 6 and i5 2500k.
But could not find driver for ALC898. I use MultiBeast 4.3.2. Can u let me know where to find the kext and how to install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back