Contribute
Register

Huge issues updating 10.11 GM to Final Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Ladies and Gents,

I have quite a big issue going from El Capitan 10.11 GM to Final release and was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. This isn’t going to be easy to explain, so please bare with me.

When I updated to 10.11 GM my computer starting hanging at

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no (Then heaps of "+")

with -XCPM in boot of Clover and Kernel PM as well as Apple RTC in Kernel and Kexts Patches.\

To fix

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no (Then heaps of "+")

I had to disable Kernel PM and enable Asus AICPUPM in Kernel and Kext Patches doing so meant I had to remove -XCPM, doing so resulted me hanging at
X86PlatformShim::sendPstates - Success!

To fix

X86PlatformShim::sendPstates - Success!

I had to remove Generate Pstates and Generate Cstates in Clover. Doing this has obviously resulted in no P-states, so I tried generating a ssdt, the results were less than desirable-

Using Pikes method to generate a SSDT is was locked at 0.80Ghz. To try and fix this I have used flags
-turbo 4600 -t 77 -w 3 -x 1,
-turbo 4600 -t 77 -w 2 -x 1
as well as
-turbo 4600 -t 77 -w 3 -x 0
Using MaciASL method I was able to reach 3.5Ghz.

None of these SSDT’s or solutions worked and in no way even got near my OC of 4.6Ghz.

I would like to add that booting from the USB yields no issues, however please don't say boot from the USB has I am aware that this is an option but at this stage am not willing to boot via this method.

My system specs are in my signature but -

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v LK
CPU: Intel i7 3770K overclocked to 4.6ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB Ti OC
CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 920
Main HDD: Sandisk 240GB SSD

Second HDD: Western Digital 2TB

If anyone has a solution or an idea for anyone of these issues, I’d be extremely appreciative if I could hear it. I have spent a few days in a chat room on insanely mac where everyone has been extremely helpful, huge shout out to you guys, however no solution has been reached.

Thanks

Cameron

Did you do UEFI or Legacy install of Clover to the system drive?
I install Clover in the ESP.

Here are me installation settings

1.jpg
2.jpg

Since you said your USB works with no issues... Have you tried copying your USB Clover directory to the system Clover directory to see if that helps?

I have tried this and it didn't work.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

If I use aptiofix2 with slide=. I hang at -

error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x00000000120000 alloc type 2,
error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x00000000120000 alloc type 2,
error loading kernel cache (0x9), Boot failed,
sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting

Please add your specific motherboard model to the system info area on the left. It's much easier to give you good advice with that information at hand.

The Clover install you describe is both legacy and UEFI. Next time if you want UEFI only you should also select "Install for UEFI booting only."

So do you know whether your system is configured to boot legacy or UEFI, and which you are booting from at the moment? It seems likely there's some confusion over which Clover configuration to work with since you probably have two (one on the system drive and one on the EFI partition). Best case might be to set BIOS to boot UEFI only (or if you must, legacy only) to remove the confusion.

The error loading kernel cache line suggests that you're booting with SIP enabled. That can be disabled in config.plist, though per the above, I'm not sure which config.plist you need to edit.

Please add your specific motherboard model to the system info area on the left. It's much easier to give you good advice with that information at hand.

Done.

The Clover install you describe is both legacy and UEFI. Next time if you want UEFI only you should also select "Install for UEFI booting only."

So do you know whether your system is configured to boot legacy or UEFI, and which you are booting from at the moment? It seems likely there's some confusion over which Clover configuration to work with since you probably have two (one on the system drive and one on the EFI partition). Best case might be to set BIOS to boot UEFI only (or if you must, legacy only) to remove the confusion.

I disabled legacy and can confirm I am booting UEFI

The error loading kernel cache line suggests that you're booting with SIP enabled. That can be disabled in config.plist, though per the above, I'm not sure which config.plist you need to edit.

Is there any other way around this error?

Is there any other way around this error?

I think what the error is saying is that your kext cache is out of date, and it can't rebuild it.

My guess is that it can't rebuild because there are some unsigned kexts in /S/L/E or /L/E and you have SIP enabled so it won't accept them.

If that's correct, your choices are:
  1. Remove all unsigned kexts. I am told you can have Clover inject most kexts even with SIP enabled, so you could try moving them all to your Clover kext directory. But some may fail to load.
  2. Disable SIP, rebuild kernel cache, and then enable it again if you like.

If you post your EFI Partition /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist we can confirm SIP and kext injection settings.

I think what the error is saying is that your kext cache is out of date, and it can't rebuild it.

My guess is that it can't rebuild because there are some unsigned kexts in /S/L/E or /L/E and you have SIP enabled so it won't accept them.

If that's correct, your choices are:
  1. Remove all unsigned kexts. I am told you can have Clover inject most kexts even with SIP enabled, so you could try moving them all to your Clover kext directory. But some may fail to load.
  2. Disable SIP, rebuild kernel cache, and then enable it again if you like.

If you post your EFI Partition /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist we can confirm SIP and kext injection settings.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, these options sound a lot better than just disabling SIP.

Here is my config.
View attachment config.plist

I would like to add, leaving the usb plugged in but still boot clover on the ssd I don't get any hangs at

Maybe we
should investigate this?

Cheers

--EDIT--

This has stopped working..

I would like to add, leaving the usb plugged in but still boot clover on the ssd I don't get any hangs at

Maybe we should investigate this?

Cheers

--EDIT--

This has stopped working..

This fix has started working again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back