Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm unable to have hardware acceleration working on a Huawei Matebook D 14 Intel 8250U UHD 620.
The system run but I have now hardware acceleration at all.
I'm using Clover.
I tries SMBIOS 14,1 14,2 15,2 15,4
AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001659

In Mojave I have acceleration working BUT with the same EFI in Catalina acceleration doesn't work.
I've attached the EFI folder

is there anyone that can help?
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 14-ce0501na
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Give this a go - works for me.
(I've just pasted my device injection code in place of yours on top of your config.plist)

Also - 15,2 is probably the best fit, as it uses a similar CPU - you might want to stick with that.

happy hacking!
littlegreen

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 78
Motherboard
HP 15 cc129tx
CPU
15 8250U
Graphics
uhd 620 - Gtx 940mx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm unable to have hardware acceleration working on a Huawei Matebook D 14 Intel 8250U UHD 620.
The system run but I have now hardware acceleration at all.

Probably you are not using the config.plist provided by @Rehanman. I have the same specs as yours.
I will suggest you use the default config.plist for ut specified graphics from here:-

These config.plist are already patched for the respective graphics.

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Give this a go - works for me.
(I've just pasted my device injection code in place of yours on top of your config.plist)

Also - 15,2 is probably the best fit, as it uses a similar CPU - you might want to stick with that.

happy hacking!
littlegreen
Probably you are not using the config.plist provided by @Rehanman. I have the same specs as yours.
I will suggest you use the default config.plist for ut specified graphics from here:-

These config.plist are already patched for the respective graphics.

Hi @littlegreen

The config you shared enables Catalina.
BUT it has 2 issues.
- In Catalina if I run a Geekbench 5 iGPU test it's really slow. Less than half the speed (2000 points) of the OpenCL test which comes at 4750 point. As I run Metal the notebook doesn't reboot anymore. I need to force shut down.
Final Cut Pro X 10.4.8 correctly exports both in ProRes and H264. So this possibly is not an issue.
- If I plug the HDMI cable into the port I have a working external monitor BUT as I unplug such cable I get a disappearing image in the notebook monitor that requires a reboot. I'd be great if I can have a working HDMI.
This unluckily happens with my config as well. So Yours is better after all.
Any idea how to solve those?
Thanks.

Hi @Gaurav021201

The Rehabman config files I first have an issue with the notebook HDMI port. The computer reboots as I plug it in. If I add as boot argument -igfxnohdmi then the notebook doesn't reboot BUT it freezes as I plug the cable in.
I need a working HDMI btw.

Any idea or help is welcome.
Thanks.

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
-disablegfxfirmware

try booting with that see what happens?
No it unluckily doesn't help.
Actually HDMI unplug worked once but the following reboots it stopped working so I still get a clack screen even with the -disablegfxfirmware boot arg.

There's another thing that doesn't work and that is wake from sleep IF I close the lid and then re open it.
Sleep works both automatically and through the Sleep command under the Apple menu, BUT if I set the notebook to sleep closing the lid then the notebook screen doesn't turn on.

Motherboard
HP 15 cc129tx
CPU
15 8250U
Graphics
uhd 620 - Gtx 940mx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The Rehabman config files I first have an issue with the notebook HDMI port. The computer reboots as I plug it in. If I add as boot argument -igfxnohdmi then the notebook doesn't reboot BUT it freezes as I plug the cable in.
I need a working HDMI btw.

You need to go through this framebuffer patching guide and then post the results back here :-

also attach a screen shot of system preferences->displays->display

Last edited:
Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You need to go through this framebuffer patching guide and then post the results back here :-

also attach a screen shot of system preferences->displays->display
was able to make Rehabman config work when plugging the HDMI cable, BUT when I unplug such cable I get the same black screen on the notebook internal monitor.

Also if I put the notebook to sleep closing the lid once I reopen it I get a hugely dimmed screen that makes impossible to see the screen. I know it's hugely dimmed because somehow I can see the windows behind. The system works it's just that the screen is dimmed.
Is there a fix for this?
Otherwise automatic sleep and sleep through Apple menu work well. Wake from sleep works too. the issue is with closing the lid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.