Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Huananzhi Hackintosh USB problems and optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
C6 is a power state available to the processor as a power-saving measure. The only effect it would have is if you leave the computer idle for a while. You might notice a slight bit of lag when you first use the computer as the processor changes power states.

And why is it enabled in the boot options and disabled in the config.plist?

Clover options control what is presented to OS X, but what is really available depends on the BIOS.
Is it ok? Can I do anything else to optimize the computer?
"If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"
If you have no sleep issues and USB is now satisfactory, it's probably best to leave it as is.

You could investigate why some USB ports are not working. Not showing up in Windows or Linux would indicate a hardware defect. If the hardware is good, then follow this guide to investigate if some ACPI tables are redefining these ports. But looking at ACPI code will be a steep learning curve!

As you didn't do the hack in the first place, it could be useful to redo the hack from scratch (on another disk so as not to break your working configuration) so you learn how to do it and how to maintain your hackintosh. But X99 is harder than average, so it's not the best learning platform for a first hack. And that would be the subject of a new thread.

For now, enjoy! You owe @Edhawk a few likes for the work he put in your EFI folder.

Sure, thank you all, I´m really impressed by the support you gave me, awesome really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back