Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Huananzhi Hackintosh USB problems and optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Feartech, regarding optimization, should I do anything to make sure the computer works fine?

Thank you so much Feartech, regarding optimization, should I do anything to make sure the computer works fine?
clean the dust from the fans

And what about hubs? I have a MTT USB 3.0 with 7 ports for example, will it have only one port assigned? Or 7?

And what about hubs? I have a MTT USB 3.0 with 7 ports for example, will it have only one port assigned? Or 7?
sorry i added a wrong earlier
should have been:

That´s the thread I´m reading, but I´m not sure about way to go with hubs (I don´t know why but searching in the thread gives me an error).

That´s the thread I´m reading, but I´m not sure about way to go with hubs (I don´t know why but searching in the thread gives me an error).
just configure the actual ports on your machine

then test what happens when you use a usb hub

So should I "open" the SS port and "close" the HS in the same input to be able to plug an USB device and not lose the second port?
If you do so, you'll lose USB2 functionality. You need at least one USB 2 port, if only for the keyboard and mouse.
The 15 ports limits applies per controller. If your board has more than one controller (some extra ASM chip for USB 3.1 or 3.2 for instance), you can have more than 15 ports. If you have on-board hubs, several external ports may count as one logical port (two with USB 2+3).

Whoever hacked the board should have properly mapped the ports. If this wasn't done, you'll have to finish the job, including cleaning up and removing temporary hacks (USBInjectAll.kext and/or port limit quirk) which can cause instability. Check the EFI folder.

A USB 3 hub is actually the best device to map ports: It connects to both USB 2 and USB 3 personalities in one go, and does not need to be "ejected". Otherwise you need two devices: A USB 2 device and a USB 3 device. You need to identify all ports, even if some will eventually be disabled.

If you do so, you'll lose USB2 functionality. You need at least one USB 2 port, if only for the keyboard and mouse.
The 15 ports limits applies per controller. If your board has more than one controller (some extra ASM chip for USB 3.1 or 3.2 for instance), you can have more than 15 ports. If you have on-board hubs, several external ports may count as one logical port (two with USB 2+3).

Whoever hacked the board should have properly mapped the ports. If this wasn't done, you'll have to finish the job, including cleaning up and removing temporary hacks (USBInjectAll.kext and/or port limit quirk) which can cause instability. Check the EFI folder.

A USB 3 hub is actually the best device to map ports: It connects to both USB 2 and USB 3 personalities in one go, and does not need to be "ejected". Otherwise you need two devices: A USB 2 device and a USB 3 device. You need to identify all ports, even if some will eventually be disabled.
Thanks etorix!

I´ve looked into the Disk Utility and it says that the disk where I have the MacOS (Evo 970 M.2) is disk2s1. I have another M.2 for Windows and a HD.

I wrote this on Terminal:
sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

Password and ok, nothing happens.

Then I wrote this:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s0 /Volumes/EFI

And I get this message:
/dev/disk2s0: No such file or directory

What can I do?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-06-17 a las 17.07.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-17 a las 17.07.03.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 32