Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Huananzhi Hackintosh USB problems and optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I followed the guide, but I have several patches in Clover and I don´t know if the one I used is the right one and if the USBInjectAll worked.

I opened the chassis and saw that one connection from the top USBs (from the chassis) wasn´t well connected so I changed it to the other slot (the one that shows USB3).

Anyway I checked the ports and the result is this:

Top:
1 and 2 -> USB2
3 and 4 -> USB3

Back:
1, 2, 7 and 8 -> USB2
3, 4, 5 and 6 -> USB3

All top ports (from the chassis) work but none of the USB3 (the numbers 3 and 4) recognizes the external HDD as USB3 (SSxx).

From the back ports (motherboard), the number 8 doesn´t recognize any device, it´s not working. The rest of the ports recognizes the USB2 device, but only the number 4 is recognizing the USB3 device.

Attachments

• photo1624375250.jpeg
    photo1624375250.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 53
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 17.26.31.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 17.26.31.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 49
Have you removed all copies of the previous USBmap, including those which could have been copied into /System/Library and applied the port limit removal patche(es)? With the limit removed, there should be more SS personalities.

As said earlier, testing with a USB3 hub is quicker, as it can connect both USB2 and USB3 personalities (HSxx and SSxx in Hackintool). Just watch what appears in Hackintool, no need to mount anything on the desktop.

From the Hackintool screenshot it looks like you are using the USBPorts.kext, while trying to discover the USB ports. This is a waste of time, as only the first 15 ports in the USBPorts.kext will continue to show.

You need to do the following:
  1. Remove the USBPorts.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder,
  2. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  3. Add/enable the Raise USB port Limit patches to your config.plist
  4. Add SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  5. Reboot your system and then start the USB discovery phase.

Ok, removed the USBPorts.kext from /CLOVER/kexts/Other and from /System/Library/Extensions

USBInjectAll.kext was in /CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I activated all port limit patches that were in Clover.

SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml was already there.

Restarted and checked. This is the result:

Now I can see 4 USB3 ports (huge improvement!!), but the number 5 and 6 from the back don´t show as USB3.

And the port 8 from the back is still not working at all.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 18.03.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 18.03.11.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 35
(Removed comment about USBMap.kext in /S/L/E, as this was deleted.)

And there are two SS03, with different port numbers, so OS X is not quite getting its mapping right.
Either there is still an issue with Clover configuration, or something is interfering and a full mapping may require looking into ACPI tables, as explained here (but normally this applies to AMD systems and Intel is supposed to be cleaner and easier):

Last edited:
testing with a USB3 hub is quicker
I have a hub that says USB3 but I think it´s fake, no matter where I connect it, Hackintool says it´s USB2...

EDIT: It was my fault, I had connected the mouse and keyboard in the hub. I disconnected them and tried again and Hackintosh shows the USB2 and USB3 ports used. Except for the back 5 and 6 USB3 ports, they´re not working as USB3.

Last edited:
From earlier in the thread, the copy of USBMap.kext erroneously introduced in /System/Library/Extensions has to go.
I´m looking but I don´t have a USBMap.kext...

Ok, removed the USBPorts.kext from /CLOVER/kexts/Other and from /System/Library/Extensions

USBInjectAll.kext was in /CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I activated all port limit patches that were in Clover.

SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml was already there.

Restarted and checked. This is the result:

Now I can see 4 USB3 ports (huge improvement!!), but the number 5 and 6 from the back don´t show as USB3.

And the port 8 from the back is still not working at all.
do not install any kexts to /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions

do not install any kexts to /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions
I think that happened when I tried to open the USBInjectAll.kext the other day and used Kext Utility.

You need to 'Clear' and 'Refresh' the Hackintool USB window, to get rid of the duplicate ports (SS03). It should also remove the EH01 and EH02 ports/hubs if the SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml is working correctly.

The Clear and Refresh icons are highlighted in the screenshot below.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 18.03.11.png Cyan rectangle highlighting Clear & Refresh icons.

Repost a screenshot of the USB window after the Refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back