Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Huananzhi Hackintosh USB problems and optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the MLB field and the number was already there, and then generated a ROM.

Then I pasted USBInjectAll.kext into the Clover/Other folder, I understand the Port Limit Removal Patches are already there, and restarted.

Now I go to Hackintool and the USB tab is empty.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-06-21 a las 13.54.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-21 a las 13.54.03.png
    972 KB · Views: 27
I checked the MLB field and the number was already there, and then generated a ROM.

Then I pasted USBInjectAll.kext into the Clover/Other folder, I understand the Port Limit Removal Patches are already there, and restarted.

Now I go to Hackintool and the USB tab is empty.
if you have not enabled them from this post:

then they will not show up

I checked the post and I think everything is ok, what is left to be enabled?

Feel like dumb.

1. Did you use the revised CLOVER folder provided in post #66?
    • Did you change the folder in any way before using it?
    • If yes, Why!
  2. If you used it as it was provided, what happened?
    • Did it boot the system OK?
    • Can you provide copy of the IOReg and Bootlog, after booting with the revised folder so we can see what is happening when you boot with the new folder.
  3. If you booted with the revised folder the USBPorts.kext contained in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder should have activated a number of ports, which should show up in Hackintool.
    • Did you use the 'Refresh' button on the Hackintool USB tab to see if the USB ports would be populated on the Hackintool window?
  4. Did you try clearing NVRAM from the Clover boot screen, by pressing the 'F11' key while your macOS drive was highlighted on the boot screen?
  5. Did you notice the different Clover boot theme, or did you see the same boot theme you normally use?

Did you use the revised CLOVER folder provided in post #66?
  • Did you change the folder in any way before using it?
  • If yes, Why!
I didn´t change anything in the folder, only swapped one with the other.

If you used it as it was provided, what happened?
  • Did it boot the system OK?
  • Can you provide copy of the IOReg and Bootlog, after booting with the revised folder so we can see what is happening when you boot with the new folder.
The system booted normally, the error showed the first time, then I checked the MLB and changed PluginType=true. Now the error didn´t show again, I don´t know if it´s because of this.

IOReg and Last boot log are attached.

If you booted with the revised folder the USBPorts.kext contained in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder should have activated a number of ports, which should show up in Hackintool.
  • Did you use the 'Refresh' button on the Hackintool USB tab to see if the USB ports would be populated on the Hackintool window?
Yes, I used the refresh button with no success.

1. Did you try clearing NVRAM from the Clover boot screen, by pressing the 'F11' key while your macOS drive was highlighted on the boot screen?
No, I didn´t do this.

1. Did you notice the different Clover boot theme, or did you see the same boot theme you normally use?
Yes, now it has a different theme.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 30
  • Last boot log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 31
That isn't the bootlog that I wanted to see.

Open Hackintool, navigate to the 'Log's tab, copy and paste the Boot log generated in Hackintool to a text file.

Last edited:
Yoru IOReg, shows that you have the EH01, EH02 and XHC controllers enabled.

The EH01 and EH02 controllers are not being used, as can be seen from this screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 19.45.59.png EH01 & EH02 USB controllers, but no active ports.

The XHC controller has 15 active USB ports, but only HS09 has a device attached, as can be seen in this screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 20.02.35.png XHC controller, first 15 USB ports active.

The USBPorts.kext, screenshot below, tells us it is trying to activate 19 USB ports. This is obviously 4 ports more than Apple's 15 port USB limit per controller. So only the FIRST 15 ports are activated. The last 4 USB3 ports (SS04, SS05, SS06 and SS07) are automatically dropped by macOS.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 19.47.13.png USBPorts.kext, 19 ports listed.

I would make the following recommendations:
  1. Add SSDT-EHCx_OFF.amlto your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
    • This will disable the two EHCx controllers in macOS (only). This is no great change as you are not currently using them. A copy of the SSDT is attached below.
  2. Recreate the USBPorts.kextso it is only activating 15 ports.

Attachments

• SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml.zip
    857 bytes · Views: 36
Hi Edhawk, I installed the most recent version of Hackintool and now I have info in the USB tab. Here you have the log attached, and I copied the SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml file into that folder.

Now I´ll restart and upload a new boot log and the info I have, and proceed with the port configuration.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 12.31.55.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-22 a las 12.31.55.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Boot Log Hackintool.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 40
Ok, I copied the USBInjectAll.kext into the Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Then I restarted and opened config.plist with Clover. Then I enabled "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily" (83FB3F0F), see screenshots. Is this ok?

Then I checked the USB ports one by one, with a USB 2.0 MIDI controller and with an USB 3.0 external HDD.

The Nox Hummer ZX box has 4 USB ports in the top, the 2 USB 2.0 in the left are not working, and the 2 USB 3.0 in the right don´t recognize the USB3 HDD.

In the back, the 1, 2 and 7 USB 2.0 ports recognizes the USB3 HDD. The 3, 5, 6 and 8 don´t recognize the HDD. And the only USB 3.0 port that recognizes the HDD as USB3.

Maybe I did anything wrong? Maybe there´s something wrong in the hardware connection?

Later I´ll paste the Hackintool screenshot.

Attachments

• huananzhi USB.JPG
    huananzhi USB.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Torre-Nox-Hummer-ZX-11-1024x768.jpeg
    Torre-Nox-Hummer-ZX-11-1024x768.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 42
Ok, I copied the USBInjectAll.kext into the Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Then I restarted and opened config.plist with Clover. Then I enabled "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily" (83FB3F0F), see screenshots. Is this ok?

Then I checked the USB ports one by one, with a USB 2.0 MIDI controller and with an USB 3.0 external HDD.

The Nox Hummer ZX box has 4 USB ports in the top, the 2 USB 2.0 in the left are not working, and the 2 USB 3.0 in the right don´t recognize the USB3 HDD.

In the back, the 1, 2 and 7 USB 2.0 ports recognizes the USB3 HDD. The 3, 5, 6 and 8 don´t recognize the HDD. And the only USB 3.0 port that recognizes the HDD as USB3.

Maybe I did anything wrong? Maybe there´s something wrong in the hardware connection?

Later I´ll paste the Hackintool screenshot.
once you have enabled to port limit patch, you need to test each usb port with a usb2 and a usb3 device to determine your ports

then remove uneeded ports, export new usbports.kext

remove USBInjectall.kext put usbports.kext in clover/kexts/other

remove port limit patches, this is explained in the guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back