Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening, my system - GA X79 UP4, i7 und EVGA 760 is acting up.

My hackintosh is working fine, but I could not update from Yosemite and now I just want a completely new install of HS.

I followed the guide to the word, created the USB stick and booted from it, but the system keeps rebooting at

Attempting system restart, after which The system restarts and I’m at the clover screen again.

I tried all my boot-flags, and even reset the Bios from the working Yosemite settings. Nothing, it keeps rebooting. Any advice?

Excuse the bad images, this is taken with the slow-mo iPhone mode as the text runs too fast to read!

6B3CF960-9C85-4303-9BF5-84695E5BF993.png
A1E909D1-C697-479F-9579-D23495328104.png

Last edited:
Excuse the bad images, this is taken with the slow-mo iPhone mode as the text runs too fast to read!
Booting with
debug=0x100
might help. Uploading the configuration you are trying to boot with will also help - and before you do that if you press F2 at the Clover menu information about your hardware initialization will be saved to /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log.

Booting with might help. Uploading the configuration you are trying to boot with will also help - and before you do that if you press F2 at the Clover menu information about your hardware initialization will be saved to /efi/clover/misc/preboot.log.

Thanks for the reply!

After pressing F2 how do I get that file? How do I find the EFI folder? My USB only shows as Install usb on my MacBook.

With the debug=0x100 I get this:

BE0A7A02-EAD3-462E-8285-D7F0A1B8FFBD.jpeg

How do I find the EFI folder?
You need to mount the EFI partition of the install USB, it's normally hidden. There are several ways to do this, EFI mounting script, Clover configurator, diskutil command.

You need to mount the EFI partition of the install USB, it's normally hidden. There are several ways to do this, EFI mounting script, Clover configurator, diskutil command.

Thanks, please see attached!

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 104
Thanks, please see attached!
Likely you need to drop this table
Code:
2:367  0:000   - [07]: MATS  A M I len=52
You can test it by pressing 'o' for options at the Clover menu, ACPI -> Table Dropping - if successful add it to your config.plist

Edit: Apologies that table is already being dropped. Can you upload your config.plist?

Last edited:
Likely you need to drop this table
Code:
2:367  0:000   - [07]: MATS  A M I len=52
You can test it by pressing 'o' for options at the Clover menu, ACPI -> Table Dropping - if successful add it to your config.plist

This very table drop was checked in the clover options. I just tried getting to the installer again, the system crashed and now it says can't find proper boot device... Will redo the USB drive tomorrow, I'm to tired and fed up.

Thanks so far for the help I hope I figure this out...

Edit: Apologies that table is already being dropped. Can you upload your config.plist?

Of course. Attached is the working config from the Yosemite SSD and the new empty one from the HS install drive. I'm not sure what happened or what I need to transfer...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 100
This very table drop was checked in the clover options. I just tried getting to the installer again, the system crashed and now it says can't find proper boot device... Will redo the USB drive tomorrow, I'm to tired and fed up.

Thanks so far for the help I hope I figure this out...
This thread may be helpful to you.

Of course. Attached is the working config from the Yosemite SSD and the new empty one from the HS install drive. I'm not sure what happened or what I need to transfer...
I pasted some of the fixes chosen in that thread, you might try replacing /efi/clover/config.plist on the installer with the one attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 291
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back