Contribute
Register

HS 10.13.1 - GA-Z270X: Why does it matter where FakeMSC and IntelMausi are installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
RX580
First post... So forgive the newbie-ism...

I have a GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming with a GeForce 1060 and a Samsung 960 Pro 512gb (M2 NVMe)...

The good news is that I have successfully installed High Sierra 10.13.1 and have the Nvidai Web drivers working (that was a lot of fun...).

BUT: if I try to enable the Intel Eth port with the IntelMausi driver kext installed into /L/E (or /S/L/E), On boot I was get "busy timeout... AppleACPICPU...".

After some experimenting, I discovered that if I put FakeSMC and IntelMausi in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other everything is fine and I can boot, have Nvidia drivers, and Intel Ethernet is working. But if I tried putting these same Kext into /L/E (where Luli and NvidiaGraphicsFixup are stashed) or /S/L/E I would consistently get the aforementioned hang with the "busy timeout".

I didn't see this problem in 10.13.0..

I know that the Kext loader in Clover get loaded first, is it as simple as that? But why did it work on 10.13.0 with everything lump together in /L/E?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
After a little more experience, believe that the inoperative Intel driver has to do with the state of the CSR variable. It definitely fails when the csr-active-config is set to 0x0 and works when 0x3. The location of the kext appears to have been a red hearing because of my inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back