Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!

I've been working on getting my HP Zbook Studio G3 to function as a dual-booting Hackintosh. Inside are two M2 SSD's, each dedicated to their own OS (Win10 and High Sierra). I've got it booting all right with the help of Clover and am in the process of installing kexts. However, sometimes when I reboot or boot the laptop, I get a BIOS error message saying:

POST Error
The system time is invalid. This may be a result of a loss in battery power. Set the correct time and date using your operating system. If this message persists, you may need to replace the onboard battery.
Factory Default Settings Loaded
Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005)
ENTER-Reboot the System
For more information, please visit www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup
As the message states, it reset the factory defaults in the BIOS, which means that all things such as Secure Boot and Fast Boot are re-enabled as well as the discrete graphics, which I then all have to change manually again, which is becoming an annoyance.

I did some searching on the forums and found out about the time-difference issue (which I also stumbled across in a 2013 hackintosh build) and went ahead and change the timecode on the Windows install to UTC and perform the registry edit. This was without success however.

Any ideas?

Hi!

I've been working on getting my HP Zbook Studio G3 to function as a dual-booting Hackintosh. Inside are two M2 SSD's, each dedicated to their own OS (Win10 and High Sierra). I've got it booting all right with the help of Clover and am in the process of installing kexts. However, sometimes when I reboot or boot the laptop, I get a BIOS error message saying:

POST Error
The system time is invalid. This may be a result of a loss in battery power. Set the correct time and date using your operating system. If this message persists, you may need to replace the onboard battery.
Factory Default Settings Loaded
Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005)
ENTER-Reboot the System
As the message states, it reset the factory defaults in the BIOS, which means that all things such as Secure Boot and Fast Boot are re-enabled as well as the discrete graphics, which I then all have to change manually again, which is becoming an annoyance.

I did some searching on the forums and found out about the time-difference issue (which I also stumbled across in a 2013 hackintosh build) and went ahead and change the timecode on the Windows install to UTC and perform the registry edit. This was without success however.

Any ideas?

Make sure you follow the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Hi!

POST Error
The system time is invalid. This may be a result of a loss in battery power. Set the correct time and date using your operating system. If this message persists, you may need to replace the onboard battery.​
Factory Default Settings Loaded​
Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005)​
ENTER-Reboot the System​

Any ideas?
Can I have your efi folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back