Contribute
Register

HP ZBOOK G5 17

Seems that way here too, it was good to have them for a more complete map.

I only tested 15,1 SMBIOS with multiple displays in UMA without MXM card in Mojave, so you may be right and in Catalina+ external displays may not work using this SMBIOS. I will change for my following tests.

I'll build a couple more SSDT's tonight to have a complete map of all possible acpi variables. I think we're on the right track, these results so far look very promising.

View attachment 533470

On the left are MXM card populated, and on the right without.
(For example I really like HVCO, that on both of my tests show 0x1, but on all of yours show 0x4, so this could be displays patched to IGPU?) Will still have to read a lot, but having this info is very valuable.
I'm starting to get a better understanding of how everything must be connected. If I'm right and there are ACPI triggers, we'll be able to flip the switches.
This is a great thing. We are working hard and hope that the result is good.

What I want to solve is that an external monitor can be installed when the independent display is installed, but the current SMbios 15.1 mac model we are using cannot directly output, even in UMA mode, it is not possible to externally display dual-monitor output. I think we need to solve him problem by problem. Hope the ending is good.

Last SSDT's to map.

Attachments

• SSDT-Acpi-Vars4.aml
    8.6 KB · Views: 71
  • SSDT-Acpi-Vars5.aml
    6.4 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• Vars4-5-test.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 70
  • vars4-hp.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 80
  • vars4.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 72
  • vars5-hp.txt
    14 KB · Views: 63
  • vars5.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 77
Thank you, I have a bunch of new data I'll test in the next few days.

I can only choose the 13.3 or 16.1 macbook pro model to be able to output with dual graphics cards. With macbook pro 15.1, only the notebook has its own screen display, and it cannot be displayed externally.
Did you try 15,2?
Also I think your missing USB-C / Thunderbolt problems are because the USBPorts.kext - info.plist has the ports mapped only to specific test models I used.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 5.58.09 PM.png

You can duplicate the TXHC, XHC and XHCS entries and add whichever new SMBIOS you use, then all USB ports will map correctly.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.01.34 PM.png

Did you try 15,2?
Also I think your missing USB-C / Thunderbolt problems are because the USBPorts.kext - info.plist has the ports mapped only to specific test models I used.

View attachment 533910

You can duplicate the TXHC, XHC and XHCS entries and add whichever new SMBIOS you use, then all USB ports will map correctly.

View attachment 533912
My laptop model is the same as yours. The configuration should be the same except for the standalone display. I use the EFI0.6.9OC that you shared and provided. Normally it should be directly usable, but it doesn’t actually work. .

I didn't understand what you said. What do you mean is that if I use other models, I can copy the parameters such as XHC5 TXHC in iMac19.1, and write iMac19.1 in Model or write the model I selected?

15.2 is what I used all the time. It is a low-voltage CPU i5-8259U. I can use this model to work with dual monitors (in pure UMA mode without installing P4200).

1.png
2.png

Last edited:
My laptop model is the same as yours. The configuration should be the same except for the standalone display. I use the EFI0.6.9OC that you shared and provided. Normally it should be directly usable, but it doesn’t actually work. .
That is very weird since I based my configuration in those 2 models mbp15,1 and 15,2
One is dual gpu the other is igpu only.
I didn't understand what you said. What do you mean is that if I use other models, I can copy the parameters such as XHC5 TXHC in iMac19.1, and write iMac19.1 in Model or write the model I selected?
I made that kext based on 4 test SMBIOS's and you used a different SMBIOS for your tests, so usbc will not work unless you add your smbios to the list.
15.2 is what I used all the time. It is a low-voltage CPU i5-8259U. I can use this model to work with dual monitors (in pure UMA mode without installing P4200).
Ok so 15.2 thunderbolt or usbc should work.

That is very weird since I based my configuration in those 2 models mbp15,1 and 15,2
One is dual gpu the other is igpu only.

I made that kext based on 4 test SMBIOS's and you used a different SMBIOS for your tests, so usbc will not work unless you add your smbios to the list.

Ok so 15.2 thunderbolt or usbc should work.
Use 15.2 model dual display can work, but Thunderbolt 3 interface can not be recognized as usb3.1 or typc-c interface. You can see my picture. I connected a typc-c extender with USB3.0 and HDMI on it, but there is no output, and it is recognized as usb2.0 working. I don't know how to adjust, I use your usb.kext.

WX20211111-093016@2x.png
WX20211111-093101@2x.png
WX20211111-093220@2x.png

Did you try 15,2?

View attachment 533910

View attachment 533912
I installed my P4200 graphics card on the G5 notebook, and then the CPU power consumption in MAC OS is limited to 23W. I think this is a BIOS mechanism judgment. There is a unique display that prioritizes the power consumption to the graphics card, although the graphics card does not work. I hope you can work out a new EFI OC boot as soon as possible, and let the notebook BIOS determine that there is no independent display installed, so that the 8750H can run at full power consumption.

Back