Contribute
Register

HP ZBOOK G5 17

Need all 3, some are memory regions from IGPU and some are from System Board related to graphics configuration.
Is the display correct, I feel missing information, or missing files?
WX20211106-231045@2x.png

I saw changes in my test here, with clamshell closed outputs to external screen from igpu work, and some of these variables change. If I have your version of the same test that will narrow down where to look.

Need all 3, some are memory regions from IGPU and some are from System Board related to graphics configuration.

wangjuntao@wangjuntaos-MBP ~ % /Users/wangjuntao/Desktop/ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg0 0

argv[0] = { /Users/wangjuntao/Desktop/ioio }

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[2] = { org_rehabman_ACPIDebug }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

ioio: setting property 'org_rehabman_ACPIDebug:dbg0' as number to 0 (0x0)

wangjuntao@wangjuntaos-MBP ~ % /Users/wangjuntao/Desktop/ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg0 0

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

wangjuntao@wangjuntaos-MBP ~ %

You can check if there is a difference, the first file is working with an external monitor, and the laptop screen is off. The second is to turn on the notebook screen, but it does not display. When turned on, the external screen will go black, but it will still light up. The internal screen of the notebook is not working.

Attachments

• SSDT-Acpi-Vars1-test-display.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 55
  • SSDT-Acpi-vars1-test-hp .txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 52
Are you using the right config?
If AcpiDebug.kext or any of the 3 ssdts are not loaded you will get that error.
This is the second test. There are indeed 2 more acpi messages when the screen is turned on and off.

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

Attachments

• SSDT-Acpi-Vars2-test-display.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 51
  • SSDT-Acpi-vars2-test-hp.txt
    17.6 KB · Views: 51
Yes this is the (expected) wrong behavior. In windows there is a method that triggers a specific device address with a particular setting on lid open, and that enables all screens.
So my theory is that the address is the switch we're looking for and the setting will be one if these variables.

Are you using the right config?
If AcpiDebug.kext or any of the 3 ssdts are not loaded you will get that error.

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

argv[1] = { -s }

argv[3] = { dbg0 }

argv[4] = { 0 }

I re-tested NO.3, it should work correctly now, you can check it, I also share the situation every time I run the command, I hope you can use it.

Attachments

• SSDT-Acpi-Vars3-test-display.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 57
  • SSDT-Acpi-vars3-test-hp .txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 51
  • all-test.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 53
Just about done compiling the data, there are 2 sets with incomplete data I need you to re-run.
Clamshell open
With and without monitor
Acpi-Vars2

Just about done compiling the data, there are 2 sets with incomplete data I need you to re-run.
Clamshell open
With and without monitor
Acpi-Vars2
Okay, I re-tested and shared the test results.

When opening and closing the lid, only 4 pieces of Acpi information were added, and the others did not seem to have changed. The SMbios I use is the 15.1 I7 8750H that you shared, so it does not have a dual-screen display function, and can only choose an internal display or an external display when it is turned on.

Attachments

• SSDT-Acpi-Vars2-test-display.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 59
  • SSDT-Acpi-Vars2-test-HP.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 56
When opening and closing the lid, only 4 pieces of Acpi information were added, and the others did not seem to have changed.
Seems that way here too, it was good to have them for a more complete map.

The SMbios I use is the 15.1 I7 8750H that you shared, so it does not have a dual-screen display function, and can only choose an internal display or an external display when it is turned on.
I only tested 15,1 SMBIOS with multiple displays in UMA without MXM card in Mojave, so you may be right and in Catalina+ external displays may not work using this SMBIOS. I will change for my following tests.

I'll build a couple more SSDT's tonight to have a complete map of all possible acpi variables. I think we're on the right track, these results so far look very promising.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.19.06 PM.png

On the left are MXM card populated, and on the right without.
(For example I really like HVCO, that on both of my tests show 0x1, but on all of yours show 0x4, so this could be displays patched to IGPU?) Will still have to read a lot, but having this info is very valuable.
I'm starting to get a better understanding of how everything must be connected. If I'm right and there are ACPI triggers, we'll be able to flip the switches.

Last edited:
Back