1. Centris
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I will explain my entire procedure to see if someone like RehabMan possibly can assist.

-------------------------------------------------------
Laptop booted into default Windows 10, Installed AIDA64 Engineer Version, went to Tools/ACPI Browser, Clicked "Save DSDT" to the Windows Desktop and .zip compressed the acpi_dsdt.bin and saved both files to a USB for possible use later on.

Then Installed GPU-Z and noted the following:
OnBoard Graphics "Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"
GPU="Skylake GT2"
BIOS="UEFI"
Device ID="8086:1916 - 103C:8079" GDDR4 Memory

AMD FirePro W4190M
GPU="Mars"
Device ID="1002:6604 103C:8150" 2048MB RAM
PCIe x8 3.0 @ x2 1.1
GDDR59Elpida) Memory

Then Installed CPU-Z and noted the following:
Intel Core i7 6600u
Skylake-U/Y
Socket 1168 BGA
2.5GHz
2 Cores 4 Threads
8Gb DDR4 Ram 2400(1200MHz)

HP Motherboard model 8079KBC Version 85.76
Chipset Intel Skylake-U Rev08
Southbridge Intel Skylake-Y PCH Rev21
BIOS: HP N75 Ver.01.16 06/08/2017

Toshiba THNSN5256GPU7 xg3 NVMe
\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

I think Audio is Conexant CX20724 GPIO

Used F10 to boot the Laptop into the BIOS, without any USB inserted
Under Security I unticked the default "System Management Command"
Under Advanced - Boot Options - I unticked the default "Fast Boot", "CD-Rom Boot", "Network (PXE) Boot", then went and changed the UEFI Boot Order to 1: USB & 2: M.2: Windows Boot Manager.
Under Advanced - Secure Boot Configuration - in the "Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot" dropdown menu I selected "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable", I then also unticked the default "Enable MS UEFI CA key"
Under Main - I selected "Save Changes and Exit"
Then without any startup key presses I waited a few moments and the Laptop gave me a PIN code and asked me to enter it in a field below to confirm my BIOS alterations were correct. Clicked "Enter Confirm Code" and the Laptop rebooted after a moment.
Upon reboot I could see the more familiar black screen with white writing on the bottom left before windows 10 started.

Attempt 1: Sierra before testing High Sierra.
Using my real MacBookPro I downloaded Sierra 10.13.0 from the "App Store", UniBeast-7.1.1, and formatted a 16Gb USB3 FlashStick with a GUID Scheme and a Format of OS X Extended (Journaled), named USB.

Opened UniBeast and chose UEFI Boot Mode, with Sierra, and no Graphics Injectors, Install

Inserted the USB into the Shutdown PC, hit the boot key, pushed F12 to select a startup disk, selected the USB, hit enter, and at the Clover TonyMac screen, hit enter again on the OSX Installer Volume.
It booted into the installer, asking for a mouse, I added a USB mouse, then it asked for a Keyboard, I added a USB Keyboard, then it went to the first installer screen.
Next I went to Disk Utility to Format the Windows Drive for the new OS, and found no Hard Disk Drives at all, well except for the USB I was booted under.
After lengthy reading, about NVMe drives and 4k sectors etc, I decided in my infinite wisdom to open the machine and install a standard 2.5inch SATA 750Gb drive I had laying around that I know works because I tested it before I installed it, thinking at the time well this drive has the correct sectors, it came from a MacMini not even a week before.
Went through the same procedure as above and got to Disk Utility, and neither of the drives were there, after a few select words regarding the state of my IQ, and a think about inventions from the Matrix such as "Send Me a Upload for a ???? Helicopter" and begging higher powers to upload a Dummy Guide for DSDT writing into my cerebral cortex, I decided to get really smart and logically came to the decision to try High Sierra Developer Preview 7 because obviously that would support NVMe drives and silly sector issues would all just be eliminated.

I signed up for the Beta program, downloaded Developer Preview 7, formatted the USB, used the terminal commands provided here "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app --nointeraction", downloaded Clover, installed in UEFI Mode as per the instructions here "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/"
Only odd thing I noted was that there was no difference between config.plist that came with the Clover download or the one Attached to the post, so I never replaced that, I did not add the optional ethernet kext, nor the optional NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Ejected the USB, inserted it into the Shutdown Laptop, clicked the boot key, hit F12 and chose the startup drive, got to the Clover screen, selected the partition, hit enter.
After 2 minutes or so it rebooted, I tried -v as a boot option, saw a panic with about 4 screens of stuff that is unreadable at that speed and uncatchable with a pause, and it reboots again.
I tried cpus=1 -v, -v -f, tried that laptic CPU option, remembering something from years ago on my Pavillion DV6 HP and something to do with laptic? nothing working, just a panic and reboot loop.
I also tried adding the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and all the same boot options as above, and now I am here writing all this because I am stuck.

I would greatly appreciate any advice / assistance, I can give any information anyone needs if they just give me a rough idea of what to do, I know what a Terminal is, and fancy myself quite the genius around my 15 and 17 year old, but when on TonyMac I tend to loose a little confidence in my genius.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I uploaded the DSDT I pulled for anyone that may need it.

Attachments

• acpi_dsdt.zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 192
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support
Thank You, and apologies P1LGRIM I was unsure where to put this one. I can be quite lepton at times.o_O

I will explain my entire procedure to see if someone like RehabMan possibly can assist.

Laptop booted into default Windows 10, Installed AIDA64 Engineer Version, went to Tools/ACPI Browser, Clicked "Save DSDT" to the Windows Desktop and .zip compressed the acpi_dsdt.bin and saved both files to a USB for possible use later on.

Then Installed GPU-Z and noted the following:
OnBoard Graphics "Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"
GPU="Skylake GT2"
BIOS="UEFI"
Device ID="8086:1916 - 103C:8079" GDDR4 Memory

AMD FirePro W4190M
GPU="Mars"
Device ID="1002:6604 103C:8150" 2048MB RAM
PCIe x8 3.0 @ x2 1.1
GDDR59Elpida) Memory

Then Installed CPU-Z and noted the following:
Intel Core i7 6600u
Skylake-U/Y
Socket 1168 BGA
2.5GHz
2 Cores 4 Threads
8Gb DDR4 Ram 2400(1200MHz)

HP Motherboard model 8079KBC Version 85.76
Chipset Intel Skylake-U Rev08
Southbridge Intel Skylake-Y PCH Rev21
BIOS: HP N75 Ver.01.16 06/08/2017

Toshiba THNSN5256GPU7 xg3 NVMe
\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

I think Audio is Conexant CX20724 GPIO

Used F10 to boot the Laptop into the BIOS, without any USB inserted
Under Security I unticked the default "System Management Command"
Under Advanced - Boot Options - I unticked the default "Fast Boot", "CD-Rom Boot", "Network (PXE) Boot", then went and changed the UEFI Boot Order to 1: USB & 2: M.2: Windows Boot Manager.
Under Advanced - Secure Boot Configuration - in the "Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot" dropdown menu I selected "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable", I then also unticked the default "Enable MS UEFI CA key"
Under Main - I selected "Save Changes and Exit"
Then without any startup key presses I waited a few moments and the Laptop gave me a PIN code and asked me to enter it in a field below to confirm my BIOS alterations were correct. Clicked "Enter Confirm Code" and the Laptop rebooted after a moment.
Upon reboot I could see the more familiar black screen with white writing on the bottom left before windows 10 started.

Attempt 1: Sierra before testing High Sierra.
Using my real MacBookPro I downloaded Sierra 10.13.0 from the "App Store", UniBeast-7.1.1, and formatted a 16Gb USB3 FlashStick with a GUID Scheme and a Format of OS X Extended (Journaled), named USB.

Opened UniBeast and chose UEFI Boot Mode, with Sierra, and no Graphics Injectors, Install

Inserted the USB into the Shutdown PC, hit the boot key, pushed F12 to select a startup disk, selected the USB, hit enter, and at the Clover TonyMac screen, hit enter again on the OSX Installer Volume.
It booted into the installer, asking for a mouse, I added a USB mouse, then it asked for a Keyboard, I added a USB Keyboard, then it went to the first installer screen.
Next I went to Disk Utility to Format the Windows Drive for the new OS, and found no Hard Disk Drives at all, well except for the USB I was booted under.
After lengthy reading, about NVMe drives and 4k sectors etc, I decided in my infinite wisdom to open the machine and install a standard 2.5inch SATA 750Gb drive I had laying around that I know works because I tested it before I installed it, thinking at the time well this drive has the correct sectors, it came from a MacMini not even a week before.
Went through the same procedure as above and got to Disk Utility, and neither of the drives were there, after a few select words regarding the state of my IQ, and a think about inventions from the Matrix such as "Send Me a Upload for a ???? Helicopter" and begging higher powers to upload a Dummy Guide for DSDT writing into my cerebral cortex, I decided to get really smart and logically came to the decision to try High Sierra Developer Preview 7 because obviously that would support NVMe drives and silly sector issues would all just be eliminated.

I signed up for the Beta program, downloaded Developer Preview 7, formatted the USB, used the terminal commands provided here "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app --nointeraction", downloaded Clover, installed in UEFI Mode as per the instructions here "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/"
Only odd thing I noted was that there was no difference between config.plist that came with the Clover download or the one Attached to the post, so I never replaced that, I did not add the optional ethernet kext, nor the optional NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Ejected the USB, inserted it into the Shutdown Laptop, clicked the boot key, hit F12 and chose the startup drive, got to the Clover screen, selected the partition, hit enter.
After 2 minutes or so it rebooted, I tried -v as a boot option, saw a panic with about 4 screens of stuff that is unreadable at that speed and uncatchable with a pause, and it reboots again.
I tried cpus=1 -v, -v -f, tried that laptic CPU option, remembering something from years ago on my Pavillion DV6 HP and something to do with laptic? nothing working, just a panic and reboot loop.
I also tried adding the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and all the same boot options as above, and now I am here writing all this because I am stuck.

I would greatly appreciate any advice / assistance, I can give any information anyone needs if they just give me a rough idea of what to do, I know what a Terminal is, and fancy myself quite the genius around my 15 and 17 year old, but when on TonyMac I tend to loose a little confidence in my genius.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I uploaded the DSDT I pulled for anyone that may need it.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back