Contribute
Register

hp zbook 15 g5 workstation unable to install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter, I would like to try your clover. Thanks.
Also mine has windows 10 but I can wipe it, actually I suppose it's not related to this problem. Secure boot is disable too. I already applied the necessarry steps into bios. Additionaly I have a empty ssd disk on laptop. (sandisk 248 gb.) If I can pass to installation after booting, I will choose empty ssd disk to install..
the faq has a section called "Problem Reporting" :

Mine is the Zbook G5 15 CTO (configure to order) without Windows (as I use Linux). Other than that, configuration is identical as yours as u mentioned earlier.

Also, as my laptop has no Windows 10, secure boot is disabled (factory setting) in bios. Also, discrete graphics was selected by default so I changed it to hybrid. I assume, if windows 10 is preinstalled, graphics settings would be hybrid by default.

BTW, I will be happy sharing my CLOVER but if unibeast method didn't work for you, I doubt it can be of any use. You should find the root cause first.

Hi again,

When could you share your efi folder?

Dear @rizzetince,

Here I am attaching the EFI folder of my installer USB key. After installation, I used multibeast for post installation steps as documented and used hackintool to enable USB 3.0 ports, sound and graphics. I took me several trials to make it work properly but it was a good learning experience. I would suggest you do the same if installation is successful with this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 115
Hi again,
thank you very much for your efi.zip but unfortunately it went fail again, I can not go through installation :(((

I follow this guide,
Also I tried with factory bios settings, either with manipulated settings too.

I shared my panic error screenshots.

I shared my ACPI origin files. (origin.zip)
I shared my current EFI files. (EFI.zip)

Can anyone help me to clarify the problem?

Attachments

• origin.zip
    113 KB · Views: 73
  • EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
Hi,

I suggest you learn it yourself. It's not that difficult. You need to use USB-2.0 pen drive (this is important) and create installer using "UniBeast 9.2.0 - Mojave" (catalina not supported yet). There is no need of any changes in BIOS settings.

After installation, use hackintool (read it's doc carefuly) to enable graphics, audio and usb3.

Everything works fine except battery info (you need to patch DSDT, search this forum for help).

Hi,
I have my laptop working fine.
2 things that I would like to ask you.
Did our get battery working by patching DSDT?
And trackpad is registered as a mouse?
Do you have any idea how to fix these issues?

Hi again,
thank you very much for your efi.zip but unfortunately it went fail again, I can not go through installation :(((

I follow this guide,
Also I tried with factory bios settings, either with manipulated settings too.

I shared my panic error screenshots.

I shared my ACPI origin files. (origin.zip)
I shared my current EFI files. (EFI.zip)

Can anyone help me to clarify the problem?

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. One of the screenshot shows clover command line with option "root-dmg", I don't know why you required that but in my case just "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v" was enough.

And remember to use "usb2" key only for installation.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have my laptop working fine.
2 things that I would like to ask you.
Did our get battery working by patching DSDT?
And trackpad is registered as a mouse?
Do you have any idea how to fix these issues?

Yes, I did and battery is working fine. Trackpad is working too with "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" but it's not recognized in settings app but that's fine for me.

The battery DSDT patch, I will share it some day but I would prefer you go through the DSDT patching guide and learn how to do that...

Yes, I did and battery is working fine. Trackpad is working too with "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" but it's not recognized in settings app but that's fine for me.

The battery DSDT patch, I will share it some day but I would prefer you go through the DSDT patching guide and learn how to do that...
Hi again,
I really appreciate your answer.
I have exactly the same laptop as yours.
I use also the VoodooPS2Controller.kext and it works ok even it is not recognised like trackpad in the system pref.
I have tried to patch my DSDT.aml file that I exported from linux with som already BAT patches I found in the MaciASL app without any luck.
I also tried do create a patch file but I am more the network, os security guy, not the programmer.
I would be very thankful if you could share with me, the patch file you use on your laptop.
Did you have to create from scratch?

Hi again,
I really appreciate your answer.
I have exactly the same laptop as yours.
I use also the VoodooPS2Controller.kext and it works ok even it is not recognised like trackpad in the system pref.
I have tried to patch my DSDT.aml file that I exported from linux with som already BAT patches I found in the MaciASL app without any luck.
I also tried do create a patch file but I am more the network, os security guy, not the programmer.
I would be very thankful if you could share with me, the patch file you use on your laptop.
Did you have to create from scratch?

Hi again
did you have the time to share your EFI/Clover folder with the patched DSDT??

Hi,

I suggest you learn it yourself. It's not that difficult. You need to use USB-2.0 pen drive (this is important) and create installer using "UniBeast 9.2.0 - Mojave" (catalina not supported yet). There is no need of any changes in BIOS settings.

After installation, use hackintool (read it's doc carefuly) to enable graphics, audio and usb3.

Everything works fine except battery info (you need to patch DSDT, search this forum for help).

Hi again
did you have the time to share your EFI/Clover folder with the patched DSDT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back