Contribute
Register

HP ZBook 15 G3 i7-6700HQ (Opencore 0.6.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Zbook 15 G3
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530 + M1000M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I was working on this beast but I'm at dead end.

What is working:
- Intel Wifi
- Intel bluetooth
- Backlight
- Audio (without MUTE)
- Discrete graphics Card
- NVMe
- Power management
- Battery status
- Trackpad (basic gesture only) (Synaptics [Windows])
- USB 2.0, 3.0, USB C (I can't try thunderbolt because I have no thunderbolt devices)

What is not working:
- Trackpad all gestures (Synaptics [Windows])
- Audio MUTE
- SD Card Reader
- Airdrop (Broadcom card needed)

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• debug_27875.zip
    25.9 MB · Views: 493
For Trackpad try Voodooi2c + Voodooi2cHID or VoodooSMBUS (both longshots, but can't hurt to try)
For SDCard sinetek-rtsx
For Audio try a different layout-id that's compatible or modify your current layout by compiling your own AppleALC

For Trackpad try Voodooi2c + Voodooi2cHID or VoodooSMBUS (both longshots, but can't hurt to try)
For SDCard sinetek-rtsx
For Audio try a different layout-id that's compatible or modify your current layout by compiling your own AppleALC
Thanks mate!

I tried Voodooi2c + Voodo2SMBUS because my trackpad is SMBUS (Windows).
I will try sinetek-rtsx. Is my SDCard realtek?
I tried 13 and 3 layout-ids. CX20724 The same with both of them.
How I compile my own AppleALC ??

Thanks

Thanks mate!

I tried Voodooi2c + Voodo2SMBUS because my trackpad is SMBUS (Windows).
You may need to fake the id so the kext loads. may need to edit your DSDT or create an SSDT for that.
I will try sinetek-rtsx. Is my SDCard realtek?
I believe all ZBook's SDCard slots are, but may be wrong.
I tried 13 and 3 layout-ids. CX20724 The same with both of them.
How I compile my own AppleALC ??

Thanks

That's a very long google search, there are sketchy instructions scattered in different forums if you look for them.
But as a start download the project from github, and look for your codec in the resources folder and in the platform that matches your id, see if MuteInputAmp is set to false, and if that's the case just change it to true and compile and hope for the best.

edit
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 4.25.12 PM.png

This is the layout but this may not be the speaker node, there are a few nodes under PathMapID=13 and a bunch of them have Publish Mute set to false, just find your speaker node and change that one.

Cheers

Last edited:
You may need to fake the id so the kext loads. may need to edit your DSDT or create an SSDT for that.

I believe all ZBook's SDCard slots are, but may be wrong.

That's a very long google search, there are sketchy instructions scattered in different forums if you look for them.
But as a start download the project from github, and look for your codec in the resources folder and in the platform that matches your id, see if MuteInputAmp is set to false, and if that's the case just change it to true and compile and hope for the best.

edit
View attachment 511551
This is the layout but this may not be the speaker node, there are a few nodes under PathMapID=13 and a bunch of them have Publish Mute set to false, just find your speaker node and change that one.

Cheers
I did all the corrections but how I compile this?

Thanks!

hey man, can you post your efi? im working on this model too, i can try to help

Would be also interested in your opencore EFI folder.

Would be also interested in your opencore EFI folder.
i manage to get the studio version working of the zbook g3 15, but the standard one sadly i'm running clover at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back