Contribute
Register

HP zbook 15 G2 post installation missing mini displayport, wifi and audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same sound card in my Elitebook 820 G2. I got mine to work using VoodooHDA Package. It is not the correct driver and has some issues, but it makes the speakers work. keep us posted if you find the correct patch for this sound chip.

I have the same sound card in my Elitebook 820 G2. I got mine to work using VoodooHDA Package. It is not the correct driver and has some issues, but it makes the speakers work. keep us posted if you find the correct patch for this sound chip.

What is your audio codec id?

@goodtill
What is your audio codec id?

Mine's in 1st post in audio section, I've described the command to get codec informations from ubuntu live cd.

I booted from ubuntu and dumped codec information
Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
View attachment 170070

Code:
Codec: Realtek ALC3228
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0280
Subsystem Id: 0x103c2253
Revision Id: 0x100003

@goodtill

Mine's in 1st post in audio section, I've described the command to get codec informations from ubuntu live cd.

Code:
Codec: Realtek ALC3228
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0280
Subsystem Id: 0x103c2253
Revision Id: 0x100003

There is no support in PBI-CE for ALC280. So we should not be surprised it does not work.

Read the FAQ for information on implementing patched AppleHDA if that's the route you wish to pursue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I'll see about adding the support to AppleHDA_ProBook.kext (work in progress here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch)

heythere,
installation was smooth with the great guide and the tricks that are around here.
Still no chance with nvidia k1100 quadro GPU, tried CUDA and other webdriver of similar gpus, and many combinations of bootflags.
is there any other thing to try before starting to learn how to patch DSDT/SSDT ?
thanks

heythere,
installation was smooth with the great guide and the tricks that are around here.
Still no chance with nvidia k1100 quadro GPU, tried CUDA and other webdriver of similar gpus, and many combinations of bootflags.
is there any other thing to try before starting to learn how to patch DSDT/SSDT ?
thanks

I'm pretty sure k1100 is working when it is standalone (reports were working OOB).

Things get tricky when combined with Intel integrated graphics.

Thanks RehabMan for chiming in.
I think I'll stay with intel hd4600 for the moment, did many other tests and still no success.
Unfortunately the DP port is not working and it's really a pity for such a nice setup.
Is there a way to have it recognised with intel hd4600 drivers?
Regards

Thanks RehabMan for chiming in.
I think I'll stay with intel hd4600 for the moment, did many other tests and still no success.
Unfortunately the DP port is not working and it's really a pity for such a nice setup.
Is there a way to have it recognised with intel hd4600 drivers?
Regards

The ZBook HDMI is directly connected to the Nvidia. You need to get the Nvidia working with it in order to use it.

I'm pretty sure k1100 is working when it is standalone (reports were working OOB).

Things get tricky when combined with Intel integrated graphics.

I've spent some time trying a few combinations of settings, but sadly, I haven't found anything that would bring the system up with a detected k1100 nvidia card (unless I'm doing it wrong?).

There are a few settings in the bios and one of them seems to indicate it's possible to boot without intel;
Hybrid Graphics with 3 choices:
* Enabled
* Disabled
* Auto

device-configurations-03-hybrid-graphics.jpg

Not quite sure what Auto does but results were the same as Enabled. When I start clover with Enabled, in Graphics Injector Menu, it detects two cards.

clover-graphics-injector-both-cards.jpg

When booting with Disabled, it only detects K1100 card in injector menu. I tried booting with most of the configs combinations (InjectEDID, InjectNvidia, Generic NIVIDIA name, LoadVideoBios), took a while, but none of them gave me a nvidia card showing in system report. At this point, I don't know what I could try, what's important in these settings? FakeID? DisplayCFG, etc.

clover-graphics-injector-only-k1100.jpg

I also tried with nvda_drv=0 and nvda_drv=1 bootflags. In some cases, computer booted on black screen, I remote controlled it to see if it detected something, but nothing at all showed up instead of a 3mb builtin gpu intel.

I also found out that resolution was by default better and not stretched inside clover and verbose mode when booting with UEFI Native (Without CSM) instead of UEFI Hybrid (With CSM) in Boot options . But trying only k1100 + UEFI Native glitched the screen and did not continue.

glitching-on-native-uefi.jpg

Feel free to suggests things to try. I did not try to DSDT patch manually yet.

Since I had bios open, I updated it and took pictures of all the settings available in case it could be helpful.

Boot options
boot-options-01.jpgboot-options-02.jpgboot-options-03.jpg

Port Options

This one is a bit interesting as it talks about mdp, but I don't think it can help
port-options-01-minidisplayport.jpg

Device configurations

device-configurations-01.jpgdevice-configurations-02.jpgdevice-configurations-04.jpgbuilt-in-device-options-02.jpg

Built-In Device Options

built-in-device-options-01.jpgdevice-configurations-03-hybrid-graphics.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back