HP Z620 with dual Xeon CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

I recently bought a used HP Z620 because my iMac couldn't cope with all the Simulations I threw at him and I also needed a rendering beast.

Here are the specs:

HP Z Workstation
2x XEON E5-2670
96GB RAM
Gainward Phantom GTX 970

Anyway.. I miss OS X and all it's glory so I was thinking about trying to install it on the HP Machine.

I searched the forums but didn't find much.

The main question is can recent OS X versions even use a dual CPU (XEON E5 2670) configuration or would I have to unplug one of them. It seems to me that ever since the trashcan dropped dual CPU configurations in favor of.. well.. tinyness I guess.. I hear everywhere that OS X can't even use a second CPU.

Can anyone please proof me wrong?

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a used HP Z620 because my iMac couldn't cope with all the Simulations I threw at him and I also needed a rendering beast.

Here are the specs:

HP Z Workstation
2x XEON E5-2670
96GB RAM
Gainward Phantom GTX 970

Anyway.. I miss OS X and all it's glory so I was thinking about trying to install it on the HP Machine.

The main question is can recent OS X versions even use a dual CPU (XEON E5 2670) configuration or would I have to unplug one of them. It seems to me that ever since the trashcan dropped dual CPU configurations in favor of.. well.. tinyness I guess.. I hear everywhere that OS X can't even use a second CPU.

Dual-CPU configurations are fairly rare, but not impossible; if you browse the User Builds section you'll probably find a few based on X79 and X99 chipsets. As far as C602/C612 chipsets like what's in your Z620, I've seen fewer attempts and even fewer success stories. Look at the following threads to see if you can get some tips, and you might want to do some searches yourself:

Good luck!

Thanks,
I already looked through all those.

I started and booted using clover but it got stuck pretty fast at:

b1f: init5
boot0af: error

any suggestions?

Thanks,
I already looked through all those.

I started and booted using clover but it got stuck pretty fast at:

b1f: init5
boot0af: error

any suggestions?

I searched and found a few ideas here:

• Make sure your BIOS settings are appropriate for OS X - the most important ones:
AHCI mode (not RAID+AHCI mode) for SATA
VT-d disabled
HPET enabled

• Make sure you formatted the USB stick for your installer with MBR, not GPT/GUID
  • Make sure you're using a USB 2.0 port for your UniBeast installer
  • Use Clover Legacy Boot mode for your installer

I hope this helps.

nothing helped, sadly...

I also tried chameleon but it got stuck before the installation even started.

What is the problem you're having? need more information.

Hello everyone!

Here are the specs:

HP Z Workstation
2x XEON E5-2670
96GB RAM
Gainward Phantom GTX 970

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering with the HP Z620, did you need any special modification to install the GTX 970 as hardware. Just wondering if its plug and play under windows 7?

Cheers

Richard

HP Z620 dual E5-2680 with Quadro K2000

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,586
Hey, can anyone help me with I have a HP z640 workstation. But when I load the macOS Sierra from Clover Boot Manager I get stuck on an apple logo that does not have a loading bar and the screen is also offset slighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back