Contribute
Register

HP Z620 No working USB3 Catalina 10.15.3 RehabMan's Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that, it doesn't work.

You mean that USB3 is still behaving like an "invisible USB2"?
Unfortunately, I don't think this is something fixable due to TI USB3 not having proper drivers on macOS...
I suggest to stick to USB2 for slow periperals (input devices) and buy an ASMEDIA ASM1142, ASM1543 USB 3.1 gen2 PCIe card which works OOB giving you 10 Gbps bandwidth.
Additionally, I've successfully tested and running MacPro7,1 SMBIOS on my Z620 without any issue: it gave me a little boost in performance on CPU, full H.264/HEVC HW encoding/decoding from my Rdeon RX 570 and a cool new 2019 Mac Pro icon on iCloud! ^__^
Check out HERE for further informations.

Have fun!
AC

Unfortunately, I don't think this is something fixable due to TI USB3 not having proper drivers on macOS...
I suggest to stick to USB2 for slow periperals (input devices) and buy an ASMEDIA ASM1142, ASM1543 USB 3.1 gen2 PCIe card which works OOB giving you 10 Gbps bandwidth.
Additionally, I've successfully tested and running MacPro7,1 SMBIOS on my Z620 without any issue: it gave me a little boost in performance on CPU, full H.264/HEVC HW encoding/decoding from my Rdeon RX 570 and a cool new 2019 Mac Pro icon on iCloud! ^__^

Have fun!
AC
Sweet. May try the newer SMbios to see if it blesses me with any performance enhancements. Thanks.

Sweet. May try the newer SMbios to see if it blesses me with

Have fun!
AC

Hi Antonio in wondering if it would be good for me to try smbios 7.1 on my z620 single cpu e-1650 v2 with a 7970 gpu ? I do not have an usb 3. Pcie card Installed yet.. so fare just working usb2 in an Catalina install with virtual smc.... working fine..

It could help me be to see you full EFI folder could you share ?

Cheers Jeppe c.

Hello Jeppe!
Start with testing your VDA decoding capabilities with Hackintool and/or VideoProc to see if SMBIOS MacPro7,1 is needed.
Integrated USB 3 is hopeless, I suggest to install a compatible USB 3.1 gen2 PCIe card.

Let us know!
AC

Looks like VDA decoder failed , Hackintool image.. and I believe it’s not possible to use smbios 7,1 with that type of GPU.
image.jpg

Worth a try... ^__^

-- nvm

Last edited:
I have installed Catalina on HP Z620 (xeon E5 2620 v1 3.6GHz) with Quadro K4000. Graphics working OOB but NO H264 HEVC Acceleration or Hardware Encoding.
System Definition is Mac Pro 6,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back