Contribute
Register

HP z600 workstation is FULLY working with macOS sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my post
Everything you need is there.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-with-macos-sierra.210988/page-3#post-1424923

Download my config files for
1) Install USB clover EFI folder
2) Boot drive /EFI folder
3) Boot drive /System/Extentions/

READ my READ ME files for setting up your Bios correctly and instructions.

It is very easy to setup.

Download here:
Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link
https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

Don't give up. it took me a while to figure it all out.
Once you get the bios and clover EFI mastered it is easy.

Enjoy.

I ended up downloading your dropbox zip file and running through your guide again from start to finish and I now have it working. Thank you for the clear guide.

I also have the RX480 now running with full acceleration. Awesome!

Cheers guys

What luxmark score do you get with the RX480? Does is support FCPX ?
http://www.luxmark.info/

I only use Premiere for editing so I'm not sure about FCPX.

Is this any good?
results.jpg

Yes, that is a real good score. Dual R9 280x in crossfire will only score 4600
Five R9-280x's will only score 11,309
Did you have to install any special drivers? Did you use SMbios Mac Pro 6,1?
Did you use "ATI" in config.plist graphics options?

Wow. I knew it was a good card, but wasn't quite expecting it to be that good.

There's a long post dedicated to it. But I ended up just using this guide where you just edit the kext.

One issue I have with the z600 is that there's no integrated graphics. So I need to have my old Quatro plugged in for the boot, then change over. Not ideal, but it's not a deal breaker.

I'm having no luck getting the mic working (I've tried plugging a mic into the back as well as on the front of the case).
It's showing up in my inputs in settings, but it's receiving not sound.

Sierra installed fine HP Z600 BIOS 3.6. I now get random shutdowns after Sierra runs for a couple minutes. I am thinking kext error but logs show nothing unusual. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sierra installed fine HP Z600 BIOS 3.6. I now get random shutdowns after Sierra runs for a couple minutes. I am thinking kext error but logs show nothing unusual. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

True! I have also experienced that several times along the past few weeks, and I woke up today to find out that it has been restarted too. I thought it was because of a VGA problem but it isn't (As I swapped my new screen for the old one just to check).

Please let us know if you figured out a soln or the cause of that problem. It is an annoying problem.

EDIT:
I just want to mention I am still on the older BIOS and face this problem only once a week or so

Deleting AppleHPET.kexts may cause this.
If you follow my post #32 it should fix your problem.

I only removed AppleHPET to get my "Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs"card to work.
Other wise I don't think you need to delete AppleHPET.kext.

I needed to remove it for the USB ports to work, otherwise they won't ... especially the ones at the back of the case.

Before i remove it, the front USB ports only work.

Update: Fixed it from Voodoo settings by reducing the noise to 0.

Hi guys,

I have a small problem with the audio. I used the voodoo kerxt and for the front jack I get a quite disturbing background noise like it was on old TVS when there was no signal ... Any idea how is best to handle this?

Txs,
Cosmin

Last edited:
Wow. I knew it was a good card, but wasn't quite expecting it to be that good.

There's a long post dedicated to it. But I ended up just using this guide where you just edit the kext.

One issue I have with the z600 is that there's no integrated graphics. So I need to have my old Quatro plugged in for the boot, then change over. Not ideal, but it's not a deal breaker.

Hey mate! Thx for sharing your experience.

Currently, running 10.9.5 with dual X5675s and a GTX780ti here, but thinking about the RX480 to reduce some noise and power consumption (Z800 fans spin faster with the 780ti because there's more power draw) and also coz my new screen got FreeSync!

May i ask what Quadro are you using? I could get my hands on a basic 1700 or a 9500gt for booting only (if it works)

Also, i use Logic Pro X for working, and a TC Impact Twin firewire card perfectly stable here. Firewire still works flawlessly on Sierra?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back