2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all!

I have recently installed 10.13.6 on my HP Z600 workstation. I fixed the USB, patched the graphics for my R9 270 and didn't manage to properly fix the sound, but instead used HDMI audio to avoid this problem. The main issue now, however, is that roughly half of the times I boot into macOS, it will not load. I can tell when it's going to work because the screen will flash black when the progress bar is about 60% of the way across. On the times where it doesn't boot, it usually just keeps loading and gets incredibly slow, until it reaches the end and then stops. On rare occasions, it won't even reach the loading bar and instead just reboots.

Because the loading bar behaves the way it does, I would presume it is related to the GPU, but I have no idea what to do about it or if that is even the case.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Update: Fixed with a fresh install of clover, using a slightly different DSDT patch. Also, I tried installing a couple of different versions of macOS along the way. I can confirm that Sierra and High Sierra both work, but with my R9 270, Mojave does not, even with dosdude1's patch. As far as I can tell, the Z600 is compatible with Mojave though, just not the GPU

How did you patch R9 270?
I followed the guide in the Radeon Compatibility guide under the section "4. Spoofing the Device ID"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back