Graphics
Intel HD300
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Did anyone managed to install Lion on the Z400 ? I tried to install both Snow and Leopard with no success. With Lion I can go to the Installer but the Disk Utility only detects the flash drive, none of the disks is listed, I replaced the hard drives and the cables with no success. I tried both IDE and AHCI but doesn't work. :banghead:

I'm in the same boat. Exact same results. Anyone have success with this?

What type of mobo is it? And have you tried bios updates? Or resetting default values on bios, then setting AHCI?

Mine is the stock HP z400 board, model #461438-001. It has an Intel chipset (82801JR), so I figure that it should work. I've flash the latest BIOS updates and tried your suggestion of reverting back to the default BIOS settings and then making sure AHCI is enabled. Still no joy. I've tried using Unibeast with Lion and iBoot with Snow Leopard Retail DVD. Other suggestions found that I've tried include verbose mode, safe mode, PCIrootUID=0, GraphicsEnabled=No and all the combination of them. I've also tried the HD in all the SATA ports and using PS2 Keyboard and Mouse in order to avoid using USB (for iBoot obviously). With Unibeast/Lion, I was able to boot into the installer, but it couldn't see the HD, so that's why I tried iBoot/SL thinking if I could get that up and running, I could just upgrade with Unibeast.

I found someone who compiled a custom DSDT for this motherboard, but I'm not sure how to load it in the install process, only after using Multibeast.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• motherboard.jpg
    motherboard.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 427
  • chipset.jpg
    chipset.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 524
Did anyone managed to install Lion on the Z400 ? I tried to install both Snow and Leopard with no success. With Lion I can go to the Installer but the Disk Utility only detects the flash drive, none of the disks is listed, I replaced the hard drives and the cables with no success. I tried both IDE and AHCI but doesn't work. :banghead:

Did you already manage? Im having the same problem now with Mountain Lion using Unibeast...

Runing Lion on HP Z400....smooth working ;-)

Hi, can you tell me how you did it ?

I am unable to get AHCI installed in bios, how did you do that?

Thanks!

Yep....working perfect;-)

Anyone with a z400 who is stumbles on this topic, hopeful to find a solution, FYI

I'd like to single out stannyd for being a hit and run forum troll.

Sorry to say this, but those like me who are having an incredibly frustrating time trying to install on a z400, move along from this topic. No solution here. I can't tell you how many times I stumbled onto this hopeful to find an answer, only to see the hit and run post from this so-and-so stannyd. Thanks a lot buddy.

End of rant. Sorry, but hit and run posts really irk me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back