Contribute
Register

HP Z400 running El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone help me.
Tanks

I used the Enoch El Cap USB creation tool (v2.0) and can get into the installer with the following:

-x
-f
-v
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
NV_Disable=1

The install works fine (10.11.3) yet I cannot get into the OS without a KP (both USB and NullMGMT). Can anyone elaborate on a viable install process? The system is successfully running 10.8 now.

Thanks,

I used the Enoch El Cap USB creation tool (v2.0) and can get into the installer with the following:

-x
-f
-v
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
NV_Disable=1

The install works fine (10.11.3) yet I cannot get into the OS without a KP (both USB and NullMGMT). Can anyone elaborate on a viable install process? The system is successfully running 10.8 now.

Thanks,

Hello
Dont use flags -x and GraphicsEnabler=Yes
I haved the same problem with 10.11.2
Use only -f

Alberto

Try following the USB installer creation part of @jbamford's guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...guide-installing-10-11-hp-elite-8000-sff.html

Thank for that hint, but following the exact guide from that link, i got the following panic:

Unknown.jpg
Does anyone have an idea?

Last edited:
Reviving this old thread... trying hard to get my Z400 to even boot the install-USB. Tried your method, Clover (with various fixes), another method using Enoch's latest version etc. No luck this far, will not even boot into the installer. Either the infamous ACPI-KP, or the AppleUSB-KP. Anyone who has had success in installing 10.11.6 on a Z400 would get a lot of warm than from me if he/she/it listed HW-specs for their certain machine, detailed method etc. I have to admit I am not 100% sure how to use Enoch Chameleon... and for Clover (that gives me the ACPI-error) I have not found a working set of settings for config.plist.. just loose talk. :p Any help that would get me to install and run 10.11.6 would appreciated. 10.10.x is no alternative since FCPX 10.3.x requires 10.11.6 as minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back