Contribute
Register

HP Z220 CMT Workstation install Mojave / Catalina (Clover) & Big sur (Open Core)

Hello all !

Here the motherboard of the Z220 died, I had to replace it this week... :)
Now encounter some difficulties to install Monterey on it. Did someone try this adventure and would like to share his EFI ?

EDIT : After spending more than 4 hours on OC 0.7.5 I give up. I get stuck with Err(0xE) errors during the initial boot phase (before loading the GUI). I checked everything 10 times based on our good config.plist version, but it seems that it's not so trivial to migrate it to OC 0.7.5...

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Ok I managed eventually to setup Monterey with OC 0.7.5.
Everything works perfectly !

Here is the EFI folder with OC 0.7.5 fully compatible with Monterey.
- CPU: i7 3770
- GPU: AMD RX560 (should be ok with any supported discrete graphics, ie. AMD only since Monterey removed all nvidia support). Also please note that Apple dropped Intel HD4000 support in Monterey. So unless you find a way to patch, you will have to add an AMD graphics card.
- All optimisations enabled (CPU power management and turbo mode for i7)
- OpenCanopy boot menu installed.

Everything works: WIFI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Audio, Sleep...

(SMBIOS serial and MLB cleared).

Attachments

• OC075 for HP Z220 i7 AMD GPU - EFI without SMBIOS info.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Hello!
For those who may ask: the upgrade process from Monterey 12.0.1 to 12.1 is absolutely trivial and flawless. It's done as a standard software update exactly like a genuine Mac ! No need to do something else ! :)

Hi all,
I forgot to mention that the 12.2.1 upgrade is also flawless, nothing to worry about.

Hi all,
I forgot to mention that the 12.2.1 upgrade is also flawless, nothing to worry about.
Good to know! I was thinking about updating this tutorial, and thanks for the work on the OpenCore folder !

OC 0.7.1 Xeon E3-1225-V2
I know it's been almost a year since this was posted, but does this work with macOS Monterey? Which GPUs does this work with?

Back