Contribute
Register

HP Z220 CMT Workstation install Mojave / Catalina (Clover) & Big sur (Open Core)

Determine the manufacturer of your SATA controller chips, if they are not by Intel then you may need a third party kext.

The OP uses CtlnaAHCIPort.kext.

According to HP website, it's an Intel... i've went thru the manual and the support website, seems all Z machines are with Intel SATA controller...

did we go thru this before ? my account was fine here for years... then you brought this up, so I added my main machine's motherboard and you didn't like it, for some reason... then I add the one from the Z220 we're talking about, you still dont like it ??? if you don't believe me, here's a proof, it's the real reference of the MB:

what the frak am I supposed to do here ??

it's useless to ask this when you're talking about a company made PC, like the one we're talking here ?? all Z220 got the same motherboard and it's not gonna change ...

can we please go back to the point of this topic ?

did we go thru this before ? my account was fine here for years... then you brought this up, so I added my main machine's motherboard and you didn't like it, for some reason... then I add the one from the Z220 we're talking about, you still dont like it ??? if you don't believe me, here's a proof, it's the real reference of the MB:

what the frak am I supposed to do here ??

it's useless to ask this when you're talking about a company made PC, like the one we're talking here ?? all Z220 got the same motherboard and it's not gonna change ...

can we please go back to the point of this topic ?
it is not rocket science.....

if you have a prebuilt computer, then under motherboard you enter in:
HP Z220 CMT WorkStation

P4000 graphics are not reliable enough to use for a hackintosh. They were never officially supported by Apple. Many have tried to use them in their hacks and the results were always rather lackluster, not good enough for even general usage.

It would be best if you could purchase and install a supported Kepler based Quadro card from the following list:
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
  • Quadro K2000/D
  • Quadro K4200
  • Quadro K5000
  • Quadro NVS510
All of these can be found used/refurb on Ebay and will work OOB up through Big Sur. After that support may be dropped by Apple. We'll know later this year. One of these will make the install go ahead with no problems if your EFI folder and BIOS is set up correctly.
I can testify under oath that Quadro K4000 works fine, and K2200 is rock solid, performance is superb.

I can testify under oath that Quadro K4000 works fine, and K2200 is rock solid, performance is superb.
When you use the Web drivers and install High Sierra. The K2200 is a Maxwell based card.
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 1.52.41 PM.png

The K4000 Quadro is GK106 based and has a memory leakage problem. Not good to use with Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur.

Hello !
Another nice information : this EFI folder / config.plist is 100% compatible with Big Sur. You just have to change the device ID to iMac15,1. Everything works 100% perfect (Ethernet, WIFI, sleep, graphics, audio).
Absolutely no problem.
I simply used the upgrade path from Catalina to Big Sur...
Good to know, my Z220 is still at Catalina ! (i have not used it at al this year....)

When I tried to update Catalina to Big Sur my EFI partition got corrupted, so i did a clean install of Big Sur and the installation was easy :)

I will update the guide tomorrow with the Open Core 0.7 EFI folder !

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_211712.jpg
    IMG_20210624_211712.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 66
I'm trying to install MacOS Big Sur to my HP Z220 (Xeon E3 1225v2, rx470 4gb) on the HDD but install takes a very long time and it seems to me that it hangs for 26 minutes remaining ... is this normal? I think your EFI folder (i7) can install my system, but i don't know if it is.

Back