Contribute
Register

HP Z220 CMT Workstation install Mojave / Catalina (Clover) & Big sur (Open Core)

Thanks for the suggestion !
I was a bit inactive on the whole hacintosh community, but i am back. I will look in to your suggestion and implement it into te guide !

(My Z220 used to be a old Auto CAD computer from a company, it was equiped with 2 nvidia quaddro's)

Last edited:
I have the same Z220 but I'm using the HD4000 graphics. They work fine but every now and then the acceleration stops working and the only solution is to clear the kernel cache and reboot. It starts to work fine again for a while but this issue continuously returns and I'm not sure why. Catalina. Any ideas?

I did not used catalina for so long (maybe a few hours) and at the moment i do not have this PC(it is at a friends house with windows installed so we can play some games during quarantine...)

when i get it back i will do a fresh install of catalina and start using it again and see for myself if i encounter this issue.

thank you for share your config

i try to install mojave on Z220 SSF (same cpu) i think that mb have same ark and all work but i cant fix graphic HD 4000, is only 6mb
now i using serial port for video but i buy displayport adapter for try with hdmi
any idea for fix issue?

thank you

Are u sure the Z220 SSE has the i7 and not the Xeon E3 as mentioned above ?
Personal i did not had any issues with the HD4000 graphics since they work natively

and i had an issue with the HD 4000 HDMI output which did not work, i also used a displayport to hdmi adapter to get output from the HD 4000

Are u sure the Z220 SSE has the i7 and not the Xeon E3 as mentioned above ?
Personal i did not had any issues with the HD4000 graphics since they work natively

and i had an issue with the HD 4000 HDMI output which did not work, i also used a displayport to hdmi adapter to get output from the HD 4000

Thanks for the reply, I have verified that the minidisplay port does not work with any cables, it is damaged. the vga port does not support acceleration I solved with the cheapest native card for hackintosh the gt 710, because I have an SFF and I have to use low profile gpu thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have verified that the minidisplay port does not work with any cables, it is damaged. the vga port does not support acceleration I solved with the cheapest native card for hackintosh the gt 710, because I have an SFF and I have to use low profile gpu thanks

Hardware issues are always hard to test on Hackintosh so i always have a Ubuntu live usb to test things. Nice to hear that you got it to work.

As Chris says, I think the HD4000 should work natively, but unfortunately I haven't tried it. I now think that my interpretation of the HD4000 to work (as above) is a bit wrong. Sorry for the confusion!
And then I looked at Chris's config.plist and I think that WEG works fine with Devices / FakeID 0X0 or nothing, but what about the truth?
*Chris sets 0x0166000a to Intel GFX, but I think it should work with nothing...:?:

Last edited:
I’m using e3-1245V2, P4000
Just toggle inject intel, works with mojave, Catalina

but this give me a hint, maybe safari freeze with 1536MB , trying to set another value.

Anyone interested in OpenCore EF folder for 10.15.7 ?
i have installed a clean install with OpenCore and a RX 480 8GB

My HP Z220 is going into a Mac Pro 2008 case after I converted this case to ATX !

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_213618.jpg
    IMG_20210106_213618.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 84
Anyone interested in OpenCore EF folder for 10.15.7 ?
i have installed a clean install with OpenCore and a RX 480 8GB
Hi,can you send me EFI folder, I try install clover, but it didn't work for me, and Thanks for this topic;)

Back