Contribute
Register

HP Z220 CMT Workstation install Mojave / Catalina (Clover) & Big sur (Open Core)

820-2337-A is from a real mac?

yup. that's my main machine, an old one but reliable, especially when you use ProTools HD gear... (i've tried on hackintoshes, let's say it's not a good idea (-: )

820-2337-A is from a real mac?
It would not fit in the HP Z220 CMT chassis. completely proprietary.

1617709894916.png

@krrkrr Looking inside your HP CMT doe it have a blue PCB like this ?

1617709985348.png

yup. that's my main machine, an old one but reliable, especially when you use ProTools HD gear... (i've tried on hackintoshes, let's say it's not a good idea (-: )
not sure why you are having so much trouble here....

hardware profile is for your hackintosh, not some old random mac.....

Intel graphic P4000
Unsupported in Mojave / Catalina.

The first post shows correct BIOS settings.
If you are unable to make the same settings perhaps you have a different BIOS version than the OP.

Xeon E3-1225v2
LGA-1155
16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Intel graphic P4000
P4000 graphics are not reliable enough to use for a hackintosh. They were never officially supported by Apple. Many have tried to use them in their hacks and the results were always rather lackluster, not good enough for even general usage.

It would be best if you could purchase and install a supported Kepler based Quadro card from the following list:
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
  • Quadro K2000/D
  • Quadro K4200
  • Quadro K5000
  • Quadro NVS510
All of these can be found used/refurb on Ebay and will work OOB up through Big Sur. After that support may be dropped by Apple. We'll know later this year. One of these will make the install go ahead with no problems if your EFI folder and BIOS is set up correctly.

Last edited:
I can tell that HD4000 (i7 3770) is rock solid on the HP Z220 hackintosh.
GTX 560 is both fast and stable too ! :)

not sure why you are having so much trouble here....

hardware profile is for your hackintosh, not some old random mac.....

I have currently 13 hackintoshes working and 3 others planned for the next two months (Acer Tc-605, Acer Preda and HP3500). Do I have to change my info every time I post something ? Cause, of course, when I got a problem, it's not on the same machine twice.... that's gonna be weird if I post something about the machine A and I got another topic with the machine B at the same time...

Unsupported in Mojave / Catalina.

The first post shows correct BIOS settings.
If you are unable to make the same settings perhaps you have a different BIOS version than the OP.
working nevertheless with UniBeast, on Mojave, OOB... maybe it's because the Xeon 1225v2 was labelled as i7 after using Unibeast ? Dunno... anyway, I got Mojave working, without glitches, using Unibeast, with E3-1225v2 (and so, P4000)... I can make a video if you want.

anyway, pb is not with the video which is working fine (and I intend to add a GC later for dual screen).

I need to understand why none of my three HD SATA (7200 rpm, mSata using a converter and a 400Gb Crucial), which are displayed by the BIOS, can't be seen in macOS Mojave after boot... something with a setting in the BIOS, but I double-checkec and it's the setting as said in the first post of this topic.

I need to understand why none of my three HD SATA (7200 rpm, mSata using a converter and a 400Gb Crucial), which are displayed by the BIOS, can't be seen in macOS Mojave after boot... something with a setting in the BIOS, but I double-checkec and it's the setting as said in the first post of this topic.

Determine the manufacturer of your SATA controller chips, if they are not by Intel then you may need a third party kext.

The OP uses CtlnaAHCIPort.kext.

Last edited:
Back