Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys

A little new here so be gentle! :)

I've read through LOADS of posts on this and there seems to be a few contradicting nuggets of info out there when following some of the old guides.

My problem: I cant boot my UNIBEAST 6.1 LEGACY USB key into clover on my HP xw8600 (tried 3 keys)
--------------

What i've done:
------------------
1. Reset my BIOS to defaults
2. Turned off VT-D (None of the other BIOS requirements are an issue for my BIOS as theres no option)
3. Diskutil -> Create GPT partition and journaled FS -> UNIBEAST 6.1 to make a LEGACY Elcapitan usb key which completes successfully but is unbootable.
4. Diskutil -> Create MBR partition and journaled FS -> UNIBEAST 6.1 to make a LEGACY Elcapitan usb key which completes successfully but is unbootable.
5. Tried it in all USB ports and upgraded the BIOS to most recent. I know it's not the PC as there are plenty of others running the xw8600 as a hackintosh.

Some quick questions:

Can you make a MBR formatted USB key into a UNIBEAST el capital install? Or does it have to be GPT?
Do BIOS driven PC's have an issue with booting GPT? should i be using MBR only?
Can anyone have a look at my 'diskutil list' to check whether it looks ok and should boot with the info given above?

I'm stuck at the first hurdle and am wondering if it's a combination of running A BIOS based PC, with a GPT usb key for El capitan? theres plenty of stories of people running Yosemite etc on this hardware config i'm just wondering whether i need to use an older method/tool than unibeast/clover to get this to work?

Last edited:
OK So i've managed to boot it using the 6.1.1 Unibeast USB installer using MBR and Legacy options with no customisations whatsoever just plain old unibeast usb installer.

Now i hit the dreaded "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" message :(

From what i can gather this has nothing to do with Bluetooth (as my pc dosnt have wifi or bluetooth!) ibut instead indicates my Nvidia 285 GTX dosn't initialise? However after trying to add the boot arg:

nv_disable=1

I still hang at the "Apple logo on black background" Screen.

Running in verbose mode gives me the following output. Anyone?? ammendments needed to my default plist?

verboselog1.jpg

Last edited:
Im having the exact same issue. Were you ever able to figure this out?

Try this
as the HP bios needs to use enoch to allow boot of El Capitan also check out Mac Mans you tube channel. To get the required Kernel file linked =
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u6uyeg9dwma7wx1/AADQnLm4H7aEI1fq1sOSTeZKa?dl=0
Follow his guide of the install process on the HP Elite 8000 as the install process will most likely be identical due to the HP bios.

Last edited:
I have the same system and it's been in my possession for almost 3 years and i could never get mac os x to install on it until last night. I manually created my usb installer through terminal and formatted the thumb drive as mbr not guid scheme. The key setting to get this to boot is to use dart=0 and you could do -v. I've got a few things to work out with my machine, but it's about 99% stable for now, just need to sort the sleep function out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back