Contribute
Register

HP x360 14-ba145ns Catalina installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have an error in config.plist.

Code:
Clover Configurator was unable read because it isn’t in the correct format.

Please fix the following code before saving: Encountered unknown tag html on line 8

You have an error in config.plist.

Code:
Clover Configurator was unable read because it isn’t in the correct format.

Please fix the following code before saving: Encountered unknown tag html on line 8
clover configurator has been known to cause issues, especially on laptop config.plist's for some reason

clover configurator has been known to cause issues, especially on laptop config.plist's for some reason
I did not open config.plist with Clover Configurator, just copied it from RehabMan GitHub.

I did not open config.plist with Clover Configurator, just copied it from RehabMan GitHub.

You have this
Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 14.59.34.png

in config.plist

Turn off all graphics injections in Clover

Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1. smbios.

Change Platform ID to 0x19160000 and GPU ID to 0x19168086 . (that worked for me for HD 620)

Patching with WhateverGreen requires proper configuration.
You might want to read up on it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

change the lilucpu=9 boot flag to lilucpu=8

Code:
dart=0 nv_disable=1 -cdfon lilucpu=8 -v

You have this
View attachment 439020
in config.plist

Change Platform ID to 0x19160000 and GPU ID to 0x19168086 . (that worked for me for HD 620)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

Code:
MacBookPro14,1 is already in use....

You have this
View attachment 439020
in config.plist

Code:

I followed your advice, but same result: I can install the system but it does not boot. It stops at the point you can see in the picture. I tried those values you told me both in Graphics/id-platform-id and Devices/Properties/PciRoot.../device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id entries, but without success.

I read as well the page you linked, but I didn't know well which values I should use, as my configuration seems to not be standard: Core i5 Coffee Lake (8th generation) with Intel HD 620

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20191207_104909.jpg
    IMG_20191207_104909.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Use this EFI (from another topic - a similar laptop)

(I have HP Pavilion x360 14-ba008nm, 2NN16EA - working with this)

It worked!! Thanks a lot!! Now it's turn to make it work properly (No WiFi, but Bluetooth), multitouch in trackpad... But it is a big step

Hello again.
I came just to give you an update on how my process is going:
  • With the EFI folder that @Mikorist linked I was able to install and run the system properly.
  • I enabled the boot without the USB drive. Actually, I have dual boot as I wanted to keep Windows 10 at least until I get a 100% working system
  • BT is working for sharing files
  • I don't have WiFi support(Intel wireless-AC 7265), and I don't why, it seems there is no 'Networking' capabilities, as I tried to use Bluetooth PAN (connected to my Mac Mini and to mi iPhone) and it did not worked. Also I tried to connect my iPhone via USB and it did not work either (I have no option to create the connection via USB).
  • Touchpad (ELAN) worked at the beginning but it seems that it is not working well anymore: when I touch it, it starts moving and clicking around all the screen, but the keyboard works 100% (not some Function keys like brightness control)
  • Audio not working (Realtek Audio codec 275?)

That's all by the moment. I'll keep you updated with everything I make work.

Hello again.
I came just to give you an update on how my process is going:
  • With the EFI folder that @Mikorist linked I was able to install and run the system properly.
  • I enabled the boot without the USB drive. Actually, I have dual boot as I wanted to keep Windows 10 at least until I get a 100% working system
  • BT is working for sharing files
  • I don't have WiFi support(Intel wireless-AC 7265), and I don't why, it seems there is no 'Networking' capabilities, as I tried to use Bluetooth PAN (connected to my Mac Mini and to mi iPhone) and it did not worked. Also I tried to connect my iPhone via USB and it did not work either (I have no option to create the connection via USB).
  • Touchpad (ELAN) worked at the beginning but it seems that it is not working well anymore: when I touch it, it starts moving and clicking around all the screen, but the keyboard works 100% (not some Function keys like brightness control)
  • Audio not working (Realtek Audio codec 275?)

That's all by the moment. I'll keep you updated with everything I make work.
According to this information, it seems the codec is 275, right?
1576010118500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back