Contribute
Register

HP x360 1030G2 - WIP - Installer Problems Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind reboots during the installation process are normal.

thats correct but imo this is no "normal installation process reboot" because the installation can't finished. after the reboot and error message (screen first post) clover starts from "boot macos install from macosx", and you got this (screenshot attached).
if you reboot and try installation again from usb stick, the installation starts from beginning.

F2+F4 attached, first installation

Attachments

• IMG_7065.jpg
    IMG_7065.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Clover3F2F4.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
thats correct but imo this is no "normal installation process reboot" because the installation can't finished. after the reboot and error message (screen first post) clover starts from "boot macos install from macosx", and you got this (screenshot attached).
if you reboot and try installation again from usb stick, the installation starts from beginning.

F2+F4 attached, first installation

Make sure you completely repartition the target drive, such that only the macOS target partition exists (you will need to install Windows after, don't forget to backup any important files you have on Windows).

Don't attempt to keep a disk partition setup that was from a Windows OEM.

Your misc/preboot.log indicates you did not repartition.

Make sure you completely repartition the target drive, such that only the macOS target partition exists (you will need to install Windows after, don't forget to backup any important files you have on Windows).

Don't attempt to keep a disk partition setup that was from a Windows OEM.

Your misc/preboot.log indicates you did not repartition.

- yes you were right there was a rest of a small win partition, i found it with the command diskutil, seems this was a oem partition
- to get sure i took a bios secure erase of the ssd. after that the ssd was completly "clean"
- same error
- i tried an other ssd, the first was a nvme pcie, the other one is a smaller sata ssd. the new one was also directly secured erase again for completly cleaning before lunching installer from stick
- same error, reboot during installer at the same progress position, restart brings the same error "couldn't installed on this computer"

attached clover new sata ssd in laptop with f2+f4

Attachments

• Clover3F2F4_SataSSD.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
- yes you were right there was a rest of a small win partition, i found it with the command diskutil, seems this was a oem partition
- to get sure i took a bios secure erase of the ssd. after that the ssd was completly "clean"
- same error
- i tried an other ssd, the first was a nvme pcie, the other one is a smaller sata ssd. the new one was also directly secured erase again for completly cleaning before lunching installer from stick
- same error, reboot during installer at the same progress position, restart brings the same error "couldn't installed on this computer"

attached clover new sata ssd in laptop with f2+f4

If you had followed the guide, I would see 'install_osx' in your preboot.log.
But it is not there.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, could be NVRAM issue. Try with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back