Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New CEO, new decisions.
It looks like there were a lot of people that did not like HP give up the hardware department.

I don't think it's so important.. I think it was just a casuality that the made some computers with big compatibility with OS X, so there is not guarantee that they will do something similar again

But the more computer companies being made, the more likely one will have a computer that is fairly compatible.

I know HP service and support absolutely sucks. The company i work for uses the HP desktops for about 25000 users and the IT department is always RMA'ing them back for replacements due to faulty hardware .

takes about 30 days to get a new one back, they dont provide a loaner either so the user is left in limbo unless there is a spare pc around to use.

the price on some of the desktops we have i could build a couple good pc's that would last for 5 or 6 years compared to the longevity of the HP model.... 1 year 2 max.

They really need to rethink their desktop division

Haxx187 said:
I know HP service and support absolutely sucks. The company i work for uses the HP desktops for about 25000 users and the IT department is always RMA'ing them back for replacements due to faulty hardware .

Personally I haven't had any issues with HP service and support. I only manage around 500 desktops/notebooks though so it could just be that the sheer numbers in your org causes IT to have to deal with HP on a larger scale.

In my 10 years here though, I've only had to RMA 1 DOA hp notebook and probably 3 desktops. I've had to do at least that many Dells in the last 2 years alone.

To me, most PC maker's CS end up being like pizza toppings. Everyone likes different things for different reasons and their experiences are all different.

probably random dumb luck , just only my team alone of 50 people this year we have replaced 83 HP desktops most have been failed PS or HD

figure it up ~

Haxx187 said:
probably random dumb luck , just only my team alone of 50 people this year we have replaced 83 HP desktops most have been failed PS or HD

figure it up ~

Yeah that's nuts. I remember a friend of mine had issues with the D530usdt model desktop too. He said that the caps on the motherboard started oozing and they had to replace all of them.

I'm not saying their hardware is the best out there. I just personally haven't had an issue with their support and service. Thankfully I haven't had very many issues with the hardware. Maybe my lack of exposure is helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back