Contribute
Register

HP USDT CustoMac Mini vs. 2014 Mac Mini - Which is the better value ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@phrozenpenguin, does the USFF have less sata ports that my SFF? The first 2 have 6Gig speeds (Around 500 on Black Magic), the other two are 3gb (around 200Mb/s)

Also i did the same
thing with my Noctora fan, just used a sharp knife to trim that plastic piece.

does the USFF have less sata ports that my SFF? The first 2 have 6Gig speeds (Around 500 on Black Magic), the other two are 3gb (around 200Mb/s)

The USFF has only 1 Sata 3 6Gb/s port. It also has one mSata which appears to be only Sata 2 speed.

@andwhy81 as @trs96 said, the USFF/USDT model is different to the SFF model. There is an mSATA slot, a cabled SATA for the DVD and a SATA for a standard 2.5" (which I hope is 6Gb/s but can't test yet).

@andwhy81 as @trs96 said, the USFF/USDT model is different to the SFF model. There is an mSATA slot, a cabled SATA for the DVD and a SATA for a standard 2.5" (which I hope is 6Gb/s but can't test yet).

As I remember, two SATA (0,1) are 6 Gb/s, and the others are 3 Gb/s.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883287698&cm_re=HP_8300_Elite_Ultra_Small_Form_Factor_PC-_-83-287-698-_-Product

This is a very good price on a complete USFF (USDT) HP 8300

Comes with an i5-3475S which has compatible HD4000 graphics. 8 GB of ram and a 240GB SSD.
The only additional cable you will need is a DP to HDMI cable if your monitor does not have DP input.

It's in Grade A condition and sells for 249 USD + shipping. All you have to do is install Sierra or High Sierra.
A real Used Mac Mini killer. As of 3/22/18 there are just 5 of these available on Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back