Contribute
Register

HP Star Wars Special edition. Where to begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GL62M 7REX-2202XES
CPU
Kabylake i5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys. Please, excuse me if it is not appropriate to open a new thread for this question, but after reading a lot here and there, I don't know how to begin.
I am planning to buy a laptop with these specs:
Model: HP Pavilion 15-an002ns (link in Spanish)
Intel Core i5-6200U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2,3 GHz, hasta 2,8 GHz, 3 MB de caché, 2 núcleos)
6 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)
Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080
NVIDIA GeForce 940M (DDR3L de 2 GB dedicados)

My concern is, after reading, I understand that the processor is a Skylake one, not yet officially supported by apple, but apparently close to be. However, I have also read that most of ht new HP computers come with a Clover UEFI boot, making it easier to be hackintoshed. Does it apply to the mentioned laptop or only to the Probook and Elite families?
As for the graphic card, I have read that it simply won't work and the system will use the integrated Intel HD Graphics instead.

I am afraid I don't know about the other specs, such as motherboard or Wi-Fi chipset, since I don't actually own the laptop.

Thank you for reading this and for your support.

Hello guys. Please, excuse me if it is not appropriate to open a new thread for this question, but after reading a lot here and there, I don't know how to begin.
I am planning to buy a laptop with these specs:
Model: HP Pavilion 15-an002ns (link in Spanish)
Intel Core i5-6200U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2,3 GHz, hasta 2,8 GHz, 3 MB de caché, 2 núcleos)
6 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)
Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080
NVIDIA GeForce 940M (DDR3L de 2 GB dedicados)

My concern is, after reading, I understand that the processor is a Skylake one, not yet officially supported by apple, but apparently close to be. However, I have also read that most of ht new HP computers come with a Clover UEFI boot, making it easier to be hackintoshed. Does it apply to the mentioned laptop or only to the Probook and Elite families?
As for the graphic card, I have read that it simply won't work and the system will use the integrated Intel HD Graphics instead.

I am afraid I don't know about the other specs, such as motherboard or Wi-Fi chipset, since I don't actually own the laptop.

Thank you for reading this and for your support.

Read about Skylake: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html

And laptop FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Skylake is probably a non-starter on laptops. The Intel graphics drivers are not ready. No Macs with integrated Intel skylake graphics ATM.

Thanks for replying, RehabMan. I should also take my time to think twice before buying this laptop, even though it is very cool. I trust skylake will be supported soon (I think I have read somewhere that Apple will be releasing macs with these processors in February).
As for this HP, do you think the process would be as straight forward as it is for other new HP laptops when skylake support is available?

Thanks for replying, RehabMan. I should also take my time to think twice before buying this laptop, even though it is very cool. I trust skylake will be supported soon (I think I have read somewhere that Apple will be releasing macs with these processors in February).
As for this HP, do you think the process would be as straight forward as it is for other new HP laptops when skylake support is available?

I'm not able to predict the future.

Shame. I thought you were. Thanks anyway.

Shame. I thought you were. Thanks anyway.

New architectures are generally not easy. It takes time to determine appropriate solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back