Contribute
Register

HP Split x2 (Ivy Bridge) - Hackintosh Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Split x2 - Hackintosh Compatibility

Okay, finally have some time to finish the install and try to get everything working. Installed using Clover with the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist as the config.plist in Clover EFI as well as Rehabman's FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller and GenericUSBXHCI kexts. Here is what are working and not working:

Working:
HD4400 with QE/CI: used "FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext" with "FakePCIID.kext" to get QE/CI, although system report identifies the Graphics as Intel HD Graphics 4200 instead of 4400 as noted in HP website. Everything works though, so oh well. HDMI not yet tested.
Wifi: used "FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext" as well as the "wireless_bcm94352-100.command" patch to get both 2.4 and 5 ghz working.
Bluetooth: applied "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" to get bt working.
Sound: installed "VoodooHDA" to get sound working through both speakers and headphones, although headphone volume is okay, speaker volume is also low, similar to what Mad Audi Scientist got with his patch. Has yet to test audio through HDMI.
Touch screen works without any modification.

Not Working:
Touchpad: Similar to what Mad Audi Scientist saw on his Split X2,the touchpad is detected in System Report as SynapticsTouch Pad V 1.03U3 but not functioning. I have been using a bluetooth mouse instead.
Battery status: Tried to get it to work with Rehabman's "ACPIBatteryManager.kext" but the battery status after kext installation showed "No Battery Available". I tried to patch DSDT but since I have very little programming background, I was able to disassemble the DSDT and SSDT files. Everything after that just went over my head. Rehabman, I apologize in advance for asking but can you take a look at my disassembled ACPI files to see if you can make a patch for battery status? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the disassembled files:

View attachment 139850

Again, thank you very much for your help

Use Clover hotpatch for 5ghz instead of wireless_bcm94352-100.command.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext is known to be buggy and causes instability on wake from sleep. Use BrcmPatchRAM.kext instead: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Audio: best result with patched AppleHDA. There is info on it (and much more) in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html, try "HP G6 2221ss"

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Use Clover hotpatch for 5ghz instead of wireless_bcm94352-100.command.
I have tried the hotpatch before but was not sure if I did it properly since I could not find instruction online other than KextstoPatch. Do I just copy the content of the hotpatch to KextstoPatch section config.plist or do I need to use a program to insert the patch?

BTFirmwareUploader.kext is known to be buggy and causes instability on wake from sleep. Use BrcmPatchRAM.kext instead: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
Replaced BTFirmwareUploader.kext with BrcmPatchRam.kext.

Audio: best result with patched AppleHDA. There is info on it (and much more) in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I'm still reading up on this.

I have tried to apply the "HP G6 2221s" patch to the dsdt.dsl file I extracted from ACPI, however, when I tried to compile the patched file, I got 10 errors, with all 10 stating the same thing:

Code Message
4064 Object does not exist (B1B2)

ost ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here is the IOReg file:
View attachment 139965

Thank you very much for your help. I am learning quite a lot on this install since my previous installs were all on desktops with hardware that are known to work with Hackintosh.

I have tried the hotpatch before but was not sure if I did it properly since I could not find instruction online other than KextstoPatch. Do I just copy the content of the hotpatch to KextstoPatch section config.plist or do I need to use a program to insert the patch?

It is best to use copy/paste from the plist that toleda provides. Use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro).

I have tried to apply the "HP G6 2221s" patch to the dsdt.dsl file I extracted from ACPI, however, when I tried to compile the patched file, I got 10 errors, with all 10 stating the same thing:

Code Message
4064 Object does not exist (B1B2)

Something is wrong with the way you disassembled your files.

Make sure you follow the the patching guide for proper disassembly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Here is the IOReg file:
View attachment 139965

Attachment is broken.

Something is wrong with the way you disassembled your files.

Make sure you follow the the patching guide for proper disassembly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I have tried again to extract the ACPI files following both patchmatic and Clover F4 method as described in the guide, then disassembling the ACPI files using "iasl -da -dl *.aml" terminal command both times. The results were the same both times, giving the same 10 errors as described above. Not sure what I am doing wrong at this point as I had followed the guide to the letter.

I have tried again to extract the ACPI files following both patchmatic and Clover F4 method as described in the guide, then disassembling the ACPI files using "iasl -da -dl *.aml" terminal command both times. The results were the same both times, giving the same 10 errors as described above. Not sure what I am doing wrong at this point as I had followed the guide to the letter.

Make sure you're using the correct version of iasl (it is linked from the guide).

Otherwise, post your native files.

Not Working:
Touchpad: Similar to what Mad Audi Scientist saw on his Split X2,the touchpad is detected in System Report as SynapticsTouch Pad V 1.03U3 but not functioning.

Looking at ioreg...

The touchpad is USB, not PS2. May require some driver development or at least some injector kext/Info.plist hacking.

Make sure you're using the correct version of iasl (it is linked from the guide).

Otherwise, post your native files.
I have redownloaded and reinstalled iasl. After disassembling with the reinstalled iasl, I have a couple of errors before patching. Those errors remained after patching and I'm not sure how to resolve them (other than deleting both lines which allowed compiling and saving into binary but did not work). Here are the native files:

View attachment ACPI.zip

Thanks for taking a look at them.

Looking at ioreg...

The touchpad is USB, not PS2. May require some driver development or at least some injector kext/Info.plist hacking.
I think for now I can work without the touchpad. I usually use a mouse anyway and I'll probably need to do a lot more reading to even start on driver development or injector kext/Info.plist hacking. Thanks again for your help.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled iasl. After disassembling with the reinstalled iasl, I have a couple of errors before patching. Those errors remained after patching and I'm not sure how to resolve them (other than deleting both lines which allowed compiling and saving into binary but did not work). Here are the native files:

View attachment 139981

Thanks for taking a look at them.

"Fix PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB/HRPR Error"

I think for now I can work without the touchpad. I usually use a mouse anyway and I'll probably need to do a lot more reading to even start on driver development or injector kext/Info.plist hacking. Thanks again for your help.

If the Apple multitouch driver will work with it, that would be nice... (Apple uses USB for keyboard/trackpad).

"Fix PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB/HRPR Error"
Thanks. Applied this patch and the "battery_HP-G6-2221ss" patch which resulted in errorless compilation. Moved the compiled DSDT binary to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and rebooted. After reboot still no battery status. Is there another patch from the HP group that you think would be worth a try? Thanks.

If the Apple multitouch driver will work with it, that would be nice... (Apple uses USB for keyboard/trackpad).
Yeah, that would be nice. I will probably play around with it after I do more reading. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back