Contribute
Register

HP Split x2 (Ivy Bridge) - Hackintosh Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Split x2 - Hackintosh Compatibility

Hi Rehabman and Mad Audi Scientist

I am trying to install OS X Yosemite into a newer version of the HP Split X2 13. This spec for this one is:

System: HP Split X2 13
CPU: Intel Core I3-4010Y/ID9C43
Graphics: HD4400, 1366x768
Sound: IDT7695
Wifi/Bluetooth: upgrade to Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0
I have also installed an OCZ 240GB 2.5" SSD in the keyboard.

I know from OS X installation in my Intel Haswell NUC that I need a hacked kernel to boot into the installer. So I used the USB Unibeast install stick with the hack kernel for my NUC installation and was able to get into the installer on the Split X2. I am trying to install OS X onto the SSD in the keyboard. However, I was never able to complete the installation. The error message is different each time so I am not sure what exactly is wrong. Please let me know if additional information is needed but any help to trouble-shoot this situation is greatly appreciated.

Btw, I had to use a whole bunch of modifiers at the unibeast boot screen to get the installer to boot. Here is what I used:

-f -no-zp apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 Maxmem=4096

Most of the modifiers are from the NUC install guide but the ones before PCIRootUID=1 are to help with a kernel panic. I am not sure if all of them is necessary but they got me into the installer. Thank you for your help.

Hi Rehabman and Mad Audi Scientist

I am trying to install OS X Yosemite into a newer version of the HP Split X2 13. This spec for this one is:

System: HP Split X2 13
CPU: Intel Core I3-4010Y/ID9C43
Graphics: HD4400, 1366x768
Sound: IDT7695
Wifi/Bluetooth: upgrade to Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0
I have also installed an OCZ 240GB 2.5" SSD in the keyboard.

I know from OS X installation in my Intel Haswell NUC that I need a hacked kernel to boot into the installer. So I used the USB Unibeast install stick with the hack kernel for my NUC installation and was able to get into the installer on the Split X2. I am trying to install OS X onto the SSD in the keyboard. However, I was never able to complete the installation. The error message is different each time so I am not sure what exactly is wrong. Please let me know if additional information is needed but any help to trouble-shoot this situation is greatly appreciated.

Btw, I had to use a whole bunch of modifiers at the unibeast boot screen to get the installer to boot. Here is what I used:

-f -no-zp apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 Maxmem=4096

Most of the modifiers are from the NUC install guide but the ones before PCIRootUID=1 are to help with a kernel panic. I am not sure if all of them is necessary but they got me into the installer. Thank you for your help.

Use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Also, you will find many of the stickies here useful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Thanks for the help RehabMan. I have followed the Clover installation guide from the link you've provided and I was able to boot into the installer (I used the createinstallmedia method). Install went through phase 2 without problem but when I am installing into my media, I have run into the same error messages. I saw only two types of errors:

#1 occurs early in the install (with only a little of progress bar filled). The error is "File system verify or repair system failed."

#2 occurs with the progress bar half filled. The error is "An error occurred while updating system extension information."

Both errors resulted in failed install and a request to restart. At this point I am beginning to suspect that maybe it's a hardware issue since I am trying to install into SSD in the detachable keyboard?

Mad Audi Scientist, did you install OS X in the internal mSATA SSD or a HD in the detachable keyboard?

Again thank you for all your help.

[Edit] Well...After many many tries to install, it was finally able to go all the way through the installation and finish. I'm in the process of setting things up on the SSD. More updates later when I finish.

Last edited:

Well, a quick update before I give up for the night.

OS X install was successful as noted on my last post but when I tried to boot into the installed partition from the USB Clover, I got a quick error and the following is what I got when I tried to boot with verbose:

OsXAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1Fl2)/SATA(1,0)/HD(Part2,SigA83CF846-33CD-4B91-02EE-E2764B61A049)
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
......Read error 0x7
.Error loading kernel cache (0x7)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Well, a quick update before I give up for the night.

OS X install was successful as noted on my last post but when I tried to boot into the installed partition from the USB Clover, I got a quick error and the following is what I got when I tried to boot with verbose:

OsXAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1Fl2)/SATA(1,0)/HD(Part2,SigA83CF846-33CD-4B91-02EE-E2764B61A049)
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
......Read error 0x7
.Error loading kernel cache (0x7)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Here is my EFI/Clover folder from the USB install:

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 11.17.29 AM.png

Thanks for your help.

I see, sorry. Here is the zip file:

View attachment CLOVER.zip

Also, I did a quick search regarding this error online and found that someone noted that it could be a corrupt HDD. I will try again on a known working drive I have to see if that is the case. Thanks.

Well, finally had time to replace the SSD and reinstall and it looks like it's the SSD. Install onto another HD and now am able to get into OS X after installation. Guess I bought a defective SSD. Oh well... Will try to finish the installation and get most of the peripherals working. Thanks RehabMan for your help.

Okay, finally have some time to finish the install and try to get everything working. Installed using Clover with the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist as the config.plist in Clover EFI as well as Rehabman's FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller and GenericUSBXHCI kexts. Here is what are working and not working:

Working:
HD4400 with QE/CI: used "FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext" with "FakePCIID.kext" to get QE/CI, although system report identifies the Graphics as Intel HD Graphics 4200 instead of 4400 as noted in HP website. Everything works though, so oh well. HDMI not yet tested.
Wifi: used "FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext" as well as the "wireless_bcm94352-100.command" patch to get both 2.4 and 5 ghz working.
Bluetooth: applied "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" to get bt working.
Sound: installed "VoodooHDA" to get sound working through both speakers and headphones, although headphone volume is okay, speaker volume is also low, similar to what Mad Audi Scientist got with his patch. Has yet to test audio through HDMI.
Touch screen works without any modification.

Not Working:
Touchpad: Similar to what Mad Audi Scientist saw on his Split X2,the touchpad is detected in System Report as SynapticsTouch Pad V 1.03U3 but not functioning. I have been using a bluetooth mouse instead.
Battery status: Tried to get it to work with Rehabman's "ACPIBatteryManager.kext" but the battery status after kext installation showed "No Battery Available". I tried to patch DSDT but since I have very little programming background, I was able to disassemble the DSDT and SSDT files. Everything after that just went over my head. Rehabman, I apologize in advance for asking but can you take a look at my disassembled ACPI files to see if you can make a patch for battery status? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the disassembled files:

View attachment SplitX2_ACPI.zip

Again, thank you very much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back