Contribute
Register

HP Spectre x360 15 - Regular clover install or use Preloader.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not work to me too, what is worse, HP doesn't allow customer to downgrade the BIOS firmwire.
Maybe we can ask HP engineers for help to fix this BIOS problem?

Last edited:
The above solution did not work for me. I created the config.plist as per the dortania guide.

Not work to me too, what is worse, HP doesn't allow customer to downgrade the BIOS firmwire.

@johnyg07, @Rassyan.

For those of you stuck on a more recent BIOS version and are unable to test/use the method I detailed in post #8 there is some light on the horizon, with help from effected users, vit9696 over at Acidanthera has been looking into the issue where newer touchscreen HP laptops will show the on-screen keyboard when loading OpenCore (and Clover without the pre-loader workaround) which ultimately prevents MacOS from booting correctly.

It looks like the reason for the issue (within the BIOS) has been identified and a possible code solution within OpenCore has been proposed by vit9696, but he needs users with effected HP laptops to do some testing and debugging for him.

See this bugtracker for more info :-

It's a long and informative thread that is well worth reading.

As i wrote in post #08, I have no problem directly booting OpenCore.efi from the NVMe on my 15" 2017 HP Spectre X360 once I created a custom UEFI boot entry using Clover's EFI shell. However I am running an older BIOS version (F.30) which may be the reason I was able to get it working while you guys have not.

Its a shame that HP no longer allow users to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier versions, this seems to be a new trend with many OEM's not just HP.

I urge anyone who is suffering with this issue to get involved in the above bugtracker, the more testing and debug data that can be generated the more likely the OpenCore dev team can implement a permanent fix.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I have the same problem with an HP pavilion x360 model 14m dw0023dx. I was able to get it working with the clover method but not with opencore. However, I know I’m able to downgrade the bios and will try that soon and see what happens and will post the results. I’ve had several hp laptops and have never had trouble downgrade the bios

Hello, here is a really very interesting discussion. I have the HP Specter x 360 15 inch CPU: i7-8565U / 8 Generation
GPU: 2020 Nvidia GeForce MX150 UHD620, F44 bios, last updated.
On which I run catalina, Big Sur, Monterey on the Nvme Toshiba 500GB SSD. but like many I use the F9 key to start with clover or opencore, which is really annoying knowing that this Laptop is 100% Hackintosh.

If any of you have a simple and understandable solution, I would be happy to test, that will be with great pleasure.

cdlt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back