Contribute
Register

HP Spectre X360 (15" 2017) - I2C Touchscreen and Pen Working in OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an app called controllermate, which might be possible to customize the upper and lower stylus pen button function with the apps' building block.

@jamesxxx1997,

I'm not familiar with that app or what protocols it supports ....

I think the active digitiser on my HP Spectre X360 uses N-Trig technology as you can also use a MS Surface pen on it, i'm not 100% sure but I think the buttons on a N-Trig stylus/pen directly communicate with the digitiser rather than using an open standard such as Bluetooth, if so then i doubt it will work.

Still its an interesting find ..... let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thanks for your post. With your help and description I can now use my elan touchscreen on my Dell Latitude E7440:headbang:
Great Work:clap:

I have a laptop with the same features. I Want To Run Touch screen and touchpad 3,4 finger gestures. As far as I understand, I need to patch "Hot patch methot of Rehabmans XOSI SSDT" but I don't know how to do it. Is there a guide or video on how to do it?

I need to patch "Hot patch methot of Rehabmans XOSI SSDT" but I don't know how to do it. Is there a guide or video on how to do it?
Hier is a guide under "Redirect and Replace"

Attachments

• 5BGuide5D20Using20Clover20to2022hotpatch2220ACPI207C20tonymacx86com.1474377147.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 498
@jaymonkey do you still see the ink icon in system preference in mojave? I saw that in earlier version of macos but don't see that in mojave.

@jaymonkey do you still see the ink icon in system preference in mojave? I saw that in earlier version of macos but don't see that in mojave.

@johnyg07,

I'm running Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Spectre X360 ... there is no ink icon in system preferences but the touch screen and active stylus is working just fine with the latest VoodooI2C installed.

Not sure when it disappeared ....

Cheers
Jay

Hi , @jaymonkey!
I found an app called controllermate, which might be possible to customize the upper and lower stylus pen button function with the apps' building block.
Thanks.

Test controllermate with Mojave and Catalina , it indeed can customize touchscreen input ; I customize three fingers & four fingers tip-tap as undo/redo touchscreen gesture.
However , using this app might have system instability issue.
For more information about controllermate , downloading my zip file and using the marginnote 3 reader to read my note.

Attachments

• controllermate tutorial(2020-02-03-10-40-40).marginpkg.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 139
Test controllermate with Mojave and Catalina , it indeed can customize touchscreen input ; I customize three fingers & four fingers tip-tap as undo/redo touchscreen gesture.

@jamesxxx1997,

Sound interesting .... i'll check it out when i have some free time.

Cheers
Jay

I success with this mehod but now sleep doesnt work :( What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back