Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp Spectre X360 15
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
620, 4K
Hi,

I need some help with setting up BigSur on my kaby lake hp spectre. I only have few issues to resolve:

The imessages is not working. I setup everything as per the imessages guide. When I login, the login works and I see the messages window for few seconds, then it display the login screen again. I updated the clover with new serial number and tried creating a new apple id with credit card and everything and same outcome. Tried with phone hotspot connection with new WAN IP.

Any help is highly appreciated.

@johnyg07,

I haven’t done any testing with Big Sur on my HP Spectre X360 .... I still use Catalina as my daily OS on all my Hacks, I do have a Big Sur development drive on my main desktop system which i'm using for research and testing. I don't think I will move to BS until i see improvements in performance and stability (I also hate the IOS look of the BS GUI).

From my personal experience Big Sur works way better when booted with Open Core rather than Clover. The differences are mostly to do with how Open Core manages the systems memory mappings, NVRAM and injection of variables and kexts.

I think that the hybrid approach of Clover (mixing legacy Clover code with Open Core kext injection and Quirks) is not a good path to go down ... one thing to be aware of is that the Open Core code base that Clover currently uses is 2 - 3 releases behind the current build of Open Core.

Many people are initially put off migrating to Open Core as appears to be more complicated than Clover .... in reality Open Core has better documentation, guides and utilities than Clover ever had and is actually quite logical and not too difficult to learn.

By using the Dortania on-line guide along with community OC utilities such as OC-Gen-X, ProperTree, and OC Sanity Checker its pretty easy to migrate to Open Core.

So my advice would be to give Open Core a go ... it really is worth effort... hopefully it will solve your iMessages issue.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I tried the opecore on hp spectre buy could not make it work with the BIOS bug that we have in this laptop.
The Preloader solution is not working with opencore. I am able to boot with opencore with external USB but not with internal ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back