i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys i have an Hp Smart Server Ex485 and i was able to install Mavericks on it so i just wanted to share with you how i was able to do it. So if anyone has the same server it would be a little easier.

Before i start i have upgraded My cpu on the server to e5200 slay 7 and also upgraded to 4gb ram.

What you need...

Hp Smart Server Ex485..should work on 490 as well.
A real mac that can run mavericks.
8gb usb drive

1. Take off the drive from server and connected to the real mac and install mavericks.
2. After mavericks has been installed and you have gone through the initial steps, make sure
you turn on screen sharing and Remote log in.
3. Download multibeast and run it. options to chose: easy beast>Drivers>network>Realtek Lnx2mac81xx. and install after its finished. just remove the drive and install it on the server.
4. boot the server up and watch it show on finder.

If you have any questions ask in here.

Cool, it is good to know that Mav runs on it. I have one (ex-485) running ML. I am curious, what make and model 4gb ram stick did you use for mem upgrade? The ones I am finding are being sold for over $100 usd on average.

Thanks for the info.

What format did you use for the hard drive? GUID or otherwise.

With the hard drive installed in my CustoMac it shows up in Finder and says it is a MacPro.

With the same hard drive in the EX485 with SLAY7 upgrade, still 2GB RAM it doesn't show up in Finder. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back