Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo.. When I Clone Drives, Do i still need to have the proper "config.plst" on the USB? and,

Yes.

For the Creation of the Recovery Drive? And I still should press F4 before i boot into and run PBI?

Yes.

What does the F4 do anyway?

It writes native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. The PBI uses those files to create patched ACPI files (using my patchmatic tool).

..The PBI uses those files to create patched ACPI files (using my patchmatic tool).
WoW! I can't thank you guys enough!

Soo.. my new issue..

I have been successfully using the same PBI (6.4.6), but recently, I press F4, load into my cloned OSX, and try to open PBI, And it is STUCK ON "Verifying".

I've tried closing all the apps restarting after kw, switching from "allow apps from everywhere" and nothing seems to help. The last computer, i dragged PBI to the desktop (instead of from the USB) and it worked. But, that didn't work this time. Any Ideas?? thanks!

WoW! I can't thank you guys enough!

Soo.. my new issue..

I have been successfully using the same PBI (6.4.6), but recently, I press F4, load into my cloned OSX, and try to open PBI, And it is STUCK ON "Verifying".

I've tried closing all the apps restarting after kw, switching from "allow apps from everywhere" and nothing seems to help. The last computer, i dragged PBI to the desktop (instead of from the USB) and it worked. But, that didn't work this time. Any Ideas?? thanks!

Fresh install.

Fresh install.

I was trying to save time w/ clones. I opened it by bypassing Gatekeeper w/ a terminal command. That was weird. I restarted and the clone worked!! :) 4530s, 4540s & 6460b cloned now. Working on 2560p when it comes in the mail today. probably clone by tomorrow!

It's been close to 10 years i've hackintosh'ed with you guys! Always wanted to get to this point! Will try to Clover and Clone my GA-Z77X-UDH5 hackintosh someday!

So, the only problem i seem to be facing with ALL the clones is Spotlight is disabled and also every time after boot, the hard drive is present in Spotlight's Preferences under "prevent Spotlight from indexing these locations".

I Can Re-enable Spotlight Indexing with the following Terminal command (MainMenuPro's Spotlight ReIndexing or Onyx's similar feature did not seem to work), and this seems to still be enabled after restart, but Still listed in Spotlight's Prevention, so i have to delete it from there and it then begins to Re-Index.

Turn on indexing a specific filesystem (replace <name> as appropriate):
sudo mdutil -v -i on /Volumes/<name>

Turn on indexing all filesystems:
sudo mdutil -a -v -i on

Is there something i may be able to do to prevent it from being prevented from spotlight, upon restart? Or should i have to figure out to run a script upon boot that does this. I've tried Kext Wizard after this process and it still re-appears upon boot. Thank You

(Also,I don't see the gatekeeper verification problem to occur on anything other than PBI and things seem to all be working)

So, the only problem i seem to be facing with ALL the clones is Spotlight is disabled and also every time after boot, the hard drive is present in Spotlight's Preferences under "prevent Spotlight from indexing these locations".

I Can Re-enable Spotlight Indexing with the following Terminal command (MainMenuPro's Spotlight ReIndexing or Onyx's similar feature did not seem to work), and this seems to still be enabled after restart, but Still listed in Spotlight's Prevention, so i have to delete it from there and it then begins to Re-Index.

Turn on indexing a specific filesystem (replace <name> as appropriate):
sudo mdutil -v -i on /Volumes/<name>

Turn on indexing all filesystems:
sudo mdutil -a -v -i on

Is there something i may be able to do to prevent it from being prevented from spotlight, upon restart? Or should i have to figure out to run a script upon boot that does this. I've tried Kext Wizard after this process and it still re-appears upon boot. Thank You

(Also,I don't see the gatekeeper verification problem to occur on anything other than PBI and things seem to all be working)

You will probably need to reset the spotlight index.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201716

You will probably need to reset the spotlight index.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201716

I've tried several things so far,including resetting spotlight's index. hmm. i'm kinda stumped. It keeps coming back to the list on the privacy tab, after restart.

I did some research and I found a couple possible solutions on these threads. Might try a few.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/spotlight-and-finder-search-not-working.1193235/

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/21817/why-does-spotlight-keep-reindexing-my-system-after-updating-to-lion

If i fix this issue, I should have 5 Probooks cloned and ready. Have you tried Cloning RehabMan? I know you are busy, but i'm just curious. Thanks again.

If i fix this issue, I should have 5 Probooks cloned and ready. Have you tried Cloning RehabMan? I know you are busy, but i'm just curious. Thanks again.

I've cloned from HDD to SSD on same machine (using Disk Utility). For new computers, I do a fresh install.

RehabMan?

I am buying three 14" 6450b's tomorrow morning. I'm not really sure of the difference between them and the 14" 6460b. But, my question is, since 6450b's are not listed in the PBI should i just run the same settings i would for run for the 6460b?

They only take 8Gb RAM Max. that's not what i want.

So many numbers. so confusing.

RehabMan?

I am buying three 14" 6450b's tomorrow morning. I'm not really sure of the difference between them and the 14" 6460b. But, my question is, since 6450b's are not listed in the PBI should i just run the same settings i would for run for the 6460b?

They only take 8Gb RAM Max. that's not what i want.

So many numbers. so confusing.

Huge difference. The 6450b has Intel HD graphics, not HD3000 (it is pre-Sandy Bridge).

It can work, but requires significant hacks: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

The ProBook Installer does not support the 6450b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back