Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done it on my 4530s and 4540s.
Do you by any chance have any specific recommendations with HD screen upgrades for models 4530, 4540, 6560?

Ive ordered a Auo 4 I'm waiting for it to come.

Out of all of his 15.6" parts, do they just need these specifications?
  • 15.6"
  • LED
  • 1920 x 1080 (FULL HD)
  • 40 Pin Connector
  • Bottom Left Connector

15.6" Parts - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TJ-Inspirations-UK/_i.html?_fsub=1264623010

I think it is because of the excessive number of unnecessary kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts.

Ideally, only essential kexts are placed there: FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, Ethernet kexts, and (optionally) WiFi kexts, and maybe USB related kexts. There is no reason to have all the others there...

Hmm.. Is that just standard w/ Clover or PBI? Maybe they can work it out. I don't know the differences w kexts which you are referring.

Do you by any chance have any specific recommendations with HD screen upgrades for models 4530, 4540, 6560?

You should use search.

Hmm.. Is that just standard w/ Clover or PBI? Maybe they can work it out. I don't know the differences w kexts which you are referring.

I don't understand the question "Is that just standard..."

i installed over HP ProBook 640 G1 ...very simple ..just follow the guide

I went with the Auo 4 because RehabMan has used it also couple of other people also. For more information look at 4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement) .

Awesome! thanks!

Soo.. Hp BCM943224HMS (582564-001) Wifi card sould work on 4540s right?

I just got them in the mail today. I put it in, turned on and restarted twice and started without caches, and it is not recognized yet. Was wondering if you guys had any wifi troubleshooting tips. Should I rebuild caches and repair permissions (as in the sound troubleshooting) Thank You!!

Awesome! thanks!

I just got them in the mail today. I put it in, turned on and restarted twice and started without caches, and it is not recognized yet. Was wondering if you guys had any wifi troubleshooting tips. Should I rebuild caches and repair permissions (as in the sound troubleshooting) Thank You!!

I think AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB is better. Bluetooth and WIFI works fine with that combo card. Im using it in my Probook. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IFY8AGO/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Awesome! thanks!

FYI: No bluetooth on BCM943224HMS.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

FYI: No bluetooth on BCM943224HMS.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Soo.. I did step #14 and restarted 5 times, While pressing the Wifi keyboard button, until IT WORKED!

Ohhh.. I'm reading now that there is no built-in bluetooth on 4540s. I have the bluetooth ones coming Next week. I will just do Step #14 again if i need to.

Should i just tell people (clients) to do #14 if they ever run in to Sound/Wifi/Bluetooth Problems?

Can I tell people to start from the Recovery Drive to Repair Permissions and rebuild cache with "Kext Wizard" also?

Because, the only time I ran into a problem with my 4530s, Kext Wizard fixed it! But, i took the hard drive out to do it.

am trying to introduce this to many people that are unfamiliar with these things, and I want there to be contingency plans for if someone does run into problems.

Thank You Soo much!! I will have an organized menu/list of these hacks with all this info. I would like to show someone soon for purpose of an informed critique.

Soo.. I did step #14 and restarted 5 times, While pressing the Wifi keyboard button, until IT WORKED!

Ohhh.. I'm reading now that there is no built-in bluetooth on 4540s. I have the bluetooth ones coming Next week. I will just do Step #14 again if i need to.

Should i just tell people (clients) to do #14 if they ever run in to Sound/Wifi/Bluetooth Problems?

Can I tell people to start from the Recovery Drive to Repair Permissions and rebuild cache with "Kext Wizard" also?

Because, the only time I ran into a problem with my 4530s, Kext Wizard fixed it! But, i took the hard drive out to do it.

am trying to introduce this to many people that are unfamiliar with these things, and I want there to be contingency plans for if someone does run into problems.

Thank You Soo much!! I will have an organized menu/list of these hacks with all this info. I would like to show someone soon for purpose of an informed critique.

No idea what you mean by "people (clients)".

Step 14 is generally required on certain system updates and other cases where new kexts are installed.

No idea what you mean by "people (clients)".

Step 14 is generally required on certain system updates and other cases where new kexts are installed.
Gotcha! ty

My Clients will be people that want to donate $ or goods in return for a probook hackintosh and a 10 page flyer.

Do you know by chance if VT is enabled in the BIOS, if that would cause any issues with any of these Probooks. I want to install a Windows and Linux Virtual w VMWare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back