Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time installing on my 4540s. Used the same installer USB, and the same process i used (that worked for the others). I used the HD4000 1366x768 config.plist on the USB.

Ran the Installer, Pressed F4 before i started it and ran the PBI. Used same settings as the other ones, (except chose 4540s).

Started it without the USB stick. and it's stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport".
View attachment 166575

Any ideas? thank you!

Post EFI/Clover folder.

What is your screen resolution? Did you try booting without caches?

I just re-checked the BIOS settings and stuff to make sure they are correct as stated.

Newegg says the Resolution is "1366 x 768". 4540s (C9K70UT#ABA) is the Exact Model Number.

I previously used Kext Wizard for Permissions and Cache. I added -v and NoCaches to the boot args, and stuck on the same point, looks like the same screen exactly. :/ Going to try from the beginning again, though i don't believe i missed any steps. Be back in two hours

I just re-checked the BIOS settings and stuff to make sure they are correct as stated.

Newegg says the Resolution is "1366 x 768". 4540s (C9K70UT#ABA) is the Exact Model Number.

I previously used Kext Wizard for Permissions and Cache. I added -v and NoCaches to the boot args, and stuck on the same point, looks like the same screen exactly. :/ Going to try from the beginning again, though i don't believe i missed any steps. Be back in two hours

The 4540s is 1366x768, but some people replace the screen with 1080p.

After using PBI, boot without caches (it is actually in step #14). Then rebuild cache.

No need to modify the config.plist. Booting without caches is directly available from the Clover user interface. Just press space bar for the menu.

Also, please provide output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

The 4540s is 1366x768, but some people replace the screen with 1080p.
O wow. is that possible for All probook models? I could make that an option for folks.

After using PBI, boot without caches (it is actually in step #14). Then rebuild cache.
After PBI & Restart some of the models seem to need this.

I started all Over and then Followed step 14 Exactly, and IT WORKED! Going to follow step 14 exactly from now on. THANKS!!

O wow. is that possible for All probook models? I could make that an option for folks.

I have done it on my 4530s and 4540s.

I know some have replaced their screen on newer models (G0/G1/G2?).

After PBI & Restart some of the models seem to need this.

I started all Over and then Followed step 14 Exactly, and IT WORKED! Going to follow step 14 exactly from now on. THANKS!!

I think it is because of the excessive number of unnecessary kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts.

Ideally, only essential kexts are placed there: FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, Ethernet kexts, and (optionally) WiFi kexts, and maybe USB related kexts. There is no reason to have all the others there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back