Contribute
Register

Hp Probook solved bluetooth switch on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) the kexts in the Probook installer as you told, do not work in any way.

Did you verify that they are installed? Check ioreg to see if the kexts are loaded. Post ioreg if you want me to look.

2) I took a look in the BIOS but I don't see nothing recall "FIREWIRE"

It may go by IEEE 1394. A simple google search shows that at least some reviews of your laptop mention firewire. It is up to you to find the BIOS option that corresponds.

3) Is not so hard to understand that "misteryous power off" meaning that when you do not expect, battery stop to charge. About this point, I will solve to change power supply. For sure plug cable could be broken.

It is easy to test your hardware on Windows to verify whether it is a hardware or software problem.

It is up to you to clearly explain what you mean. The term "power off", to me, means the laptop shuts down or otherwise turns off. I did not connect it to the idea that your battery "stops charging".

4) So, the most important device of Mabook Pro there's no way to make it works! Wow ... great! I wonder why , I expected that kind of answer! :D

Your laptop is not a Mac.

Ok don't worry about. I know what you write before you write! ;)
Anyway, a curiosity ... why I don't have this?

Schermata 2015-05-03 alle 17.36.30.png

P.S. I will show you what IOreg write for all devices. An image talk more than thousand words! Loool!!!! :thumbup:

Ok don't worry about. I know what you write before you write! ;)
Anyway, a curiosity ... why I don't have this?

View attachment 136157

Perhaps because you don't have "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" checked in SysPrefs->Displays. Or because it is not "available" due to no AppleTV for AirPlay mirroring or no external monitor connected.

P.S. I will show you what IOreg write for all devices. An image talk more than thousand words! Loool!!!! :thumbup:

Post ioreg itself, not images if you want me to look for Jmicron card reader drivers.

Switch for the display in menu bar doesn't exist in any panel, included system preferences.
I know well Osx. Im Apple owner since System 7.
I will try to look if switches are lost around the system. ;)
Ok, I will show you JMicron card reader in the IOreg.

P.S. the display panel in the system preference, is a little different from my Macs. Seems more empty, if need settings.:problem:

Switch for the display in menu bar doesn't exist in any panel, included system preferences.

Show screen shot of SysPrefs->Displays. It is possible that it is not a feature with Radeon graphics -- only Intel. I know for sure that AirPlay mirroring only works if you have Intel HD graphics.

Ok, I will show you JMicron card reader in the IOreg.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Really mr. Rahbman, I didnt understand yet your way to work. I'm a Apple Premium Reseller, but never I found so many confusions to fix an OS.
A sample? Search for an entry in the BIOS that doesn' exist. Or, use Windows to do something (I don't remember what), when I've installed in my Probook OSX only. Or, search things that are not inside my HP.
How can find solutions in this way?!? :thumbup:

Anyway this is what is in the Display panel. If you see, no checkbox about show display in the menu bar

Schermata 2015-05-04 alle 10.29.13.png

Thank you.

Really mr. Rahbman, I didnt understand yet your way to work. I'm a Apple Premium Reseller, but never I found so many confusions to fix an OS.
A sample? Search for an entry in the BIOS that doesn' exist. Or, use Windows to do something (I don't remember what), when I've installed in my Probook OSX only. Or, search things that are not inside my HP.
How can find solutions in this way?!? :thumbup:

No idea what you just tried to say... And still no ioreg attached to your post. I won't bother asking anymore.

Windows is a useful tool for gathering information about the hardware in your laptop, verifying correct behavior, and helping to isolate problems that might be hardware related.

If you need help finding BIOS options, post photos of all BIOS screens.

Anyway this is what is in the Display panel. If you see, no checkbox about show display in the menu bar

View attachment 136261

I see it and I don't even read Italian. It is at the bottom of the prefpane in the image you posted. You have it checked.

From google translate:

"mostra opzioni di duplicazione nella barra dei menu quando disponibili"

==

"shows options of duplication in the menu bar when available"

Keyword is "when available". Clearly you have no device to which mirroring is possible. If you connect an external monitor, the option should show (provided you have HDMI working).

I don't think AirPlay mirroring to AppleTV is possible in a Radeon only configuration. It requires Intel HD graphics capability.

What I want to say, since it's so hard to understand, is "until now I didn't find any solutions to fix the few things I I'd like to fix". Simple.

About the display, maybe I not explain well myself. I sayied, I know well the OSX. All the things you wrote me, I tried before. It's a routine for me, cause I know Apple systems. Luckily I used always Apple!!!! So, I tried what you have wrote. I look for secure and fast solutions, no scientific debats. ;)

Mine (original) 2 Macmini (one of both native HDMI), and my Macbook Pro 2008, (external DVI, so using DVI to HDMI converter) I connected to my TV monitor and I see the always in the menu bar the display button, connected or not my Cintiq tablet (HDMI external). And works all (obviously) perfect. Well, I want on my Probook the same. It's easy! Enough to say "yes, you can doing bla bla bla, or no, you can't do it cause is not a real Mac". That's all! Oooooooh yea! ;)

P.S. Not because is si important to have the display button in the menu bar, obvious. Just for aesthetics. Lol!!!!!! :lol:

One more thing, can you tell me if I can do a dual boot Mavericks/Windows 8? I have already installed only OSX. I'd want to know if a way to make more partition without reinstalling anything. It work amazingly and I don't want to reinstall just for Win.

Thank you!

What I want to say, since it's so hard to understand, is "until now I didn't find any solutions to fix the few things I I'd like to fix". Simple.

About the display, maybe I not explain well myself. I sayied, I know well the OSX. All the things you wrote me, I tried before. It's a routine for me, cause I know Apple systems. Luckily I used always Apple!!!! So, I tried what you have wrote. I look for secure and fast solutions, no scientific debats. ;)

Mine (original) 2 Macmini (one of both native HDMI), and my Macbook Pro 2008, (external DVI, so using DVI to HDMI converter) I connected to my TV monitor and I see the always in the menu bar the display button, connected or not my Cintiq tablet (HDMI external). And works all (obviously) perfect. Well, I want on my Probook the same. It's easy! Enough to say "yes, you can doing bla bla bla, or no, you can't do it cause is not a real Mac". That's all! Oooooooh yea! ;)

P.S. Not because is si important to have the display button in the menu bar, obvious. Just for aesthetics. Lol!!!!!! :lol:

Last time I'll ask...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Just to be clear (as there seems to be comprehension problem here):
- download the IORegistryExplorer from the linked post
- unpack the ZIP
- run IORegistryExplorer.app
- use File Save to save a copy of the ioreg file
- compress the ioreg file as ZIP
- reply here with the resulting ZIP as an attachment

One more thing, can you tell me if I can do a dual boot Mavericks/Windows 8?

Yes. It is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

The ioreg file of my HP Probook

Attachments

• MacBook Pro di Max.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back