Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I have an HP probook 4530s. Every thing fine the computer sleeps if I close the lid but if I press the power button to sleep or manually click the apple icon then click sleep it refuses to sleep. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, I have an HP probook 4530s. Every thing fine the computer sleeps if I close the lid but if I press the power button to sleep or manually click the apple icon then click sleep it refuses to sleep. Any suggestions?

What happens when you attempt to sleep? Keep in mind there is a ~20 second delay in Mavericks except when initiated with the lid switch.

I just checked it because I wasn't aware of the delay. Power button takes 33 seconds to sleep, and manually clicking the sleep button takes 33 seconds as well. How can I get this back to 20 seconds?

I just discovered something odd. Closing the lid takes 37 seconds to sleep. What's going on?

I just checked it because I wasn't aware of the delay. Power button takes 33 seconds to sleep, and manually clicking the sleep button takes 33 seconds as well. How can I get this back to 20 seconds?

The delay approximate and is prior to starting the sleep process. Writing the hibernation file to your HDD (if you're using one) can take a while as well as various cleanup tasks for sleep. If you don't need the hibernation sleep, you can disable it.

- - - Updated - - -

I just discovered something odd. Closing the lid takes 37 seconds to sleep. What's going on?

What ProBook do you have? Your profile is incorrect.

I will fix it. I have an hp probook 4530s. No ssd I have it on write to ram if thats what you mean I should have. Might I ask why would a person need hibernation sleep? Also is hibernation sleep is that something for both write to ram sleep and write to hd sleep? or is it something I need to disable regardless of the option I have?

I will fix it. I have an hp probook 4530s. No ssd I have it on write to ram if thats what you mean I should have. Might I ask why would a person need hibernation sleep? Also is hibernation sleep is that something for both write to ram sleep and write to hd sleep? or is it something I need to disable regardless of the option I have?

So, you used the ProBook Installer's "Sleep Image Fix" option?

Did you follow the guide to install? http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

Yes I did use that option and yes I did follow that guide. Tried rebooting aswell.

Yes I did use that option and yes I did follow that guide. Tried rebooting aswell.

I'm not sure your experience is anything out of the normal then... Mavericks delays sleep. It is a new "feature."

I solved it. I switched it to sleep image restore rebooted still the same switched back to sleep image fix rebooted all is well. weird. Thanks a bunch for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back