i5 2410m
Graphics
HD6490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have any experience with this configuration? (Probook 4530s i5 with Radeon + SSD Samsung 840 256GB PRO)
I want to buy this SSD and i'd like to know if it's fully supported..

So if anyone has this SSD installed please post your recomandations recommendations/opinions here.

Thank you very much. !

why it shouldnt? any ssds are supported^^

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration? (Probook 4530s i5 with Radeon + SSD Samsung 840 256GB PRO)
I want to buy this SSD and i'd like to know if it's fully supported..

So if anyone has this SSD installed please post your recomandations recommendations/opinions here.

Thank you very much. !

I'm running a 4730s with an 830 256gb and the 500gb HDD in the optical drive. Everything works fine...my only issue is Windows thinks the 500gb HDD is corrupt a lot (Thanks to exFAT) D: Easy enough to just right click > fix though...I don't lose any data.

Thank you very much for the replies...i guess i'll buy it soon :D

I'm running on a Samsung 830 128GB drive and works perfectly. I'd recommend following at least a few steps of the guide here: http://blog.alutam.com/2012/04/01/optimizing-macos-x-lion-for-ssd/ to keep your SSD in good shape. The tweaks I'm using:

Use Trim Enabler
Turn off local Time Machine snapshots [laptops only]
Turn off hibernation [laptops only]
Set noatime flag
Turn off sudden motion sensor [SSD+HDD only]
Turn off hard drive sleep [SSD+HDD only]

Thanks for the info...the only thing that i will not turn off is Machine Time...it helps me a lot :))

The guide doesn't instruct to turn off Time Machine completely, the tweak just stops creating local backups onto the SSD and instead waits for the external HDD to be connected before backing up. This reduces wear on the SSD. See more info about local backups on Apple's site, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4878

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back