Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I've tried reinstalling. And cooler temperatures, 45 ~ 50 ° C.
Can I install Windows XP 32bit on a GPT disk?

XP cannot boot on a pure GPT disk.

I did a clean install today of OSX 10.9.2 with Clover and used the PBI Clover edition. Everything went alright except for one thing - and I'm very confused what may be the cause of this.

Basically, there's something off with the fan management. It's always one step higher than it should - by default it idles on the 2nd "gear" (which spins up to ~3300rpm) and if I use the dsdt patched with quiet fan option it steps down to the 1st "gear" (~2970rpm) at about 40 C temp. instead of stopping down completely. So it's always one step higher than it should.

I've tried repatching my dsdt few times with either quiet or original fan patches. Did EC reset twice. Any clues what it could be?

edit: did a bios reset but to no avail.

I did a clean install today of OSX 10.9.2 with Clover and used the PBI Clover edition. Everything went alright except for one thing - and I'm very confused what may be the cause of this.

Basically, there's something off with the fan management. It's always one step higher than it should - by default it idles on the 2nd "gear" (which spins up to ~3300rpm) and if I use the dsdt patched with quiet fan option it steps down to the 1st "gear" (~2970rpm) at about 40 C temp. instead of stopping down completely. So it's always one step higher than it should.

I've tried repatching my dsdt few times with either quiet or original fan patches. Did EC reset twice. Any clues what it could be?

i've noticed that on fresh installs, but non clover, but it went away after a while. could be the system indexing in background e.g. spotlight? or doing its own fresh warm up/burn in.

Maybe a pure hardware issue?

Check if you have /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/HPResetFan.efi

Like appleiscool said, ÓS X will do a spotlight indexing right after install and computer temperature is high for a couple of minutes.

That's not the case, unfortunately. The temperatures are completely normal, Spotlight has finished indexing long time ago and there's nothing that's using CPU excessively (I'm monitoring it with istat menus). It's just that the fan is always one step higher than it should be - idles on ~3300rpm (which would be the second "step" here) and when it should turn off completely (as with the quiet fan patch) it lowers down to the first step - ~2970rpm.

Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6y74y2ukacfutl/Zrzut ekranu 2014-04-05 09.54.01.png (the temps are low, the fan blows like a maniac).

Could it be that the fan is getting clogged with dust and thus it has to spin faster?

HPFanReset.efi is in place.

edit: I found the culprit. ACPIPoller.kext was missing in the Clover's kexts directory. Nguyenmac, could you re-check whether your PBI version installs it?

That's not the case, unfortunately. The temperatures are completely normal, Spotlight has finished indexing long time ago and there's nothing that's using CPU excessively (I'm monitoring it with istat menus). It's just that the fan is always one step higher than it should be - idles on ~3300rpm (which would be the second "step" here) and when it should turn off completely (as with the quiet fan patch) it lowers down to the first step - ~2970rpm.

Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6y74y2ukacfutl/Zrzut ekranu 2014-04-05 09.54.01.png (the temps are low, the fan blows like a maniac).

Could it be that the fan is getting clogged with dust and thus it has to spin faster?

HPFanReset.efi is in place.

edit: I found the culprit. ACPIPoller.kext was missing in the Clover's kexts directory. Nguyenmac, could you re-check whether your PBI version installs it?

Can you check if ACPIPoller.kext fixes your problem? I will add it.

Thanks for the update.

I've got another thing that can be sorted out. FakeSMC.kext included in PBI Clover ed. has a bug that it doesn't refresh SMART data properly. It was fixed by Kozlek like a month or two ago but the version included in the PBI seems to be older. You can compile it from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek or just test this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3gfift1m67pcxv/HWSensors.zip (I've included newest HWMonitor as well). I compiled it today from that RehabMan's repo (it's few commits behind original kozlek's repo but I'm not sure what's different in RehabMan's one when it comes to ProBook-compatibility.)

edit: Could you please also post here the bluetooth patch that's being included in the config.plist? I removed it when investigating that fan behaviour before...

Back