Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Kind of off-topic here... (you should be replying in the actual guide thread).

But:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:probook.git rehabman$ ./install_acpi.sh help |grep 2x60
install_2x60
My bad. I meant there doesn't seem to be a plist generated for this model. Is there another I should use?

My bad. I meant there doesn't seem to be a plist generated for this model. Is there another I should use?

From memory, 2x60 is same as 6x60 as far as plists go.

From memory, 2x60 is same as 6x60 as far as plists go.

It seems close. I've merged the 6x60 one with one of the 1366x768 ones. Almost everything works. Close to having sound, but Codec Commander quits during startup indicating a disabled flag.

It seems close. I've merged the 6x60 one with one of the 1366x768 ones. Almost everything works. Close to having sound, but Codec Commander quits during startup indicating a disabled flag.

No need to merge anything.
Different plists are used pre-install vs. post-install.

The message from CodecCommander is normal for that audio codec (CodecCommander is not needed so it is instructed to disable itself via ACPI).

You should just follow the guide as written...

No need to merge anything.
Different plists are used pre-install vs. post-install.

The message from CodecCommander is normal for that audio codec (CodecCommander is not needed so it is instructed to disable itself via ACPI).

You should just follow the guide as written...

Yeah, my bad. Rookie mistake; forgot rename various SSDT-*.aml references in the config.plist. Oops.

Thanks for all of your hard work! Much appreciated.

Yeah, my bad. Rookie mistake; forgot rename various SSDT-*.aml references in the config.plist. Oops.

Thanks for all of your hard work! Much appreciated.

There should be no SSDT references in config.plist.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 9.14.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 9.14.53 AM.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 260
This isn't correct, then:

Exactly. There is no need to specify SortedOrder at all. Those SSDTs have no order dependency.
Read the guide, follow as written (the provided plist files do not use SortedOrder).

Admittedly, this is my first hack since an HP netbook years ago, but as I alluded to previously there was no pre-provided plist for the 2x60 series. As you said, the 6x60 is close, but there are some differences. The sorted order came from one of the plists (not sure which).

Admittedly, this is my first hack since an HP netbook years ago, but as I alluded to previously there was no pre-provided plist for the 2x60 series. As you said, the 6x60 is close, but there are some differences. The sorted order came from one of the plists (not sure which).

Wrong.
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:probook.git rehabman$ ls -l config |grep 2x60
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 rehabman  staff  18925 Jan  1 07:20 config_2x60p.plist

None of the post-install plists use SortedOrder.

Back