Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Thanks for your advice. booting directly to clover works like that, but i cannot boot Windows anymore (see screenshot). i tried adding the entries manually. i edited clover configurator like you adviced in another thread (with UUID from my windows partition (disk0s5) and path \Windows\..\bootmgfw.efi etc.) but no success..
thanks again for your help.

Clover will automatically detect bootmgfw-orig.efi and allow you to boot Windows via Clover.

Make sure you renamed the file exactly as described.

i did excactly what you said and i already read about that in different threads.. but iam getting the error shown inthe left image instead of beeing able to boot to Windows 10.

i also tried repairing Windows 10 via the used UEFI install USB stick i made. then of course clover disappeared (renamed the file)... rly need some help here,..

*edit:
i sort of solved the problem by copying the bootmgfw.efi from the windows Partition to the efi partition and renamed it again. now 2 windows entries appear of which the choosen one(see picture) lets me boot to windwos fine. :clap:
i guess i will retry the installation at given time.. thanks for now, keep up your brilliant work! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1452512289338-2136206564.jpg
    1452512289338-2136206564.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 117
i did excactly what you said and i already read about that in different threads.. but iam getting the error shown inthe left image instead of beeing able to boot to Windows 10.

i also tried repairing Windows 10 via the used UEFI install USB stick i made. then of course clover disappeared (renamed the file)... rly need some help here,..

*edit:
i sort of solved the problem by copying the bootmgfw.efi from the windows Partition to the efi partition and renamed it again. now 2 windows entries appear of which the choosen one(see picture) lets me boot to windwos fine. :clap:
i guess i will retry the installation at given time.. thanks for now, keep up your brilliant work! :thumbup:

Strange theme you're using there...

Rehabman,
Any idea how PBI-CE patches AppleHDA on El Capitan? I copied efi folder from PBI patched El Capitan + AppleHDAIDT.kext and installed those later to new El capitan installation (kext installed with Kext Wizard) but it doesn't work. I wonder what has changed in AppleHDA patching that i'm missing. It used to work with Mavericks just by adding patches to config and then installing AppleHDA.

Rehabman,
Any idea how PBI-CE patches AppleHDA on El Capitan? I copied efi folder from PBI patched El Capitan + AppleHDAIDT.kext and installed those later to new El capitan installation (kext installed with Kext Wizard) but it doesn't work. I wonder what has changed in AppleHDA patching that i'm missing. It used to work with Mavericks just by adding patches to config and then installing AppleHDA.

AppleHDA with current PBI-CE method... requirements:
- correctly patched ACPI
- correct patches in config.plist for AppleHDA
- AppleHDAIDT.kext installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E)
- vanilla AppleHDA.kext
- with all components above in place, rebuild cache correctly

To rebuild cache correctly:
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot normally

All check.

So nothing has changed. Could it be because I installed AppleHDAIDT with Kext Wizard I used with Mavericks since 2013, does it still work with El Capitan?

All check.

So nothing has changed. Could it be because I installed AppleHDAIDT with Kext Wizard I used with Mavericks since 2013, does it still work with El Capitan?

AppleHDAIDT.kext must be the correct kext for the version of OS X you're using.

AppleHDAIDT.kext must be the correct kext for the version of OS X you're using.

It is correct version I had everything set up properly, then needed to install AppleHDAIDT kext and rebooted, but audio didn't work.

I then ran PBI and selected kexts only and suddenly it worked. Both AppleHDAIDT kext have the same checksum.

It is correct version

That's not what you wrote in #1964.

I then ran PBI and selected kexts only and suddenly it worked. Both AppleHDAIDT kext have the same checksum.

PBI installs a different AppleHDAIDT depending on version of OS X. In particular, the version# in AppleHDAIDT.kext must be larger than the version# in vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

That's not what you wrote in #1964.

PBI installs a different AppleHDAIDT depending on version of OS X. In particular, the version# in AppleHDAIDT.kext must be larger than the version# in vanilla AppleHDA.kext.

Sorry, I meant i used old Kext Wizard from 2013. AppleHDAIDT is 10.11.

Thank you, this worked.

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/COLOR]

It seems that the Kext Wizard is not compatible with El Capitan.

Back