Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

ok~thanks

i need delete ACPIBacklight.kext and use Kext wizard install IntelBacklight.kext?

ok~thanks

i need delete ACPIBacklight.kext and use Kext wizard install IntelBacklight.kext?

Yes. There is a performance/quality advantage with IntelBacklight.kext.

thanks~~i delete EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBacklight.kext and put IntelBacklight.kext in CLOVER lexts

it's worded. and if I
adjustment brightness it nartual than ACPIBacklight.kext

thanks~~i delete EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ACPIBacklight.kext and put IntelBacklight.kext in CLOVER lexts

it's worded. and if I
adjustment brightness it nartual than ACPIBacklight.kext

The PBI installs kexts to /S/L/E.

Is there a particular reason why PBI CE is stucked to version 6.4.6 from almost 2 months?

Is nguyenmac or someone else looking for it?

Which are the news / update we can add to it?

Regards

Is there a particular reason why PBI CE is stucked to version 6.4.6 from almost 2 months?

Is nguyenmac or someone else looking for it?

Which are the news / update we can add to it?

Regards

nguyenmac is not maintaining PBI-CE anymore.

You need to install latest Clover/kexts/etc manually.

I will eventually write a new guide (that will not use PBI-CE). You can see the WIP here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

I will only be supporting laptops with Intel graphics.

nguyenmac is not maintaining PBI-CE anymore.

You need to install latest Clover/kexts/etc manually.

I will eventually write a new guide (that will not use PBI-CE). You can see the WIP here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

I will only be supporting laptops with Intel graphics.

Just a question, is not easier for all the users that someone like you (RehabMan) "for example" maintain it instead of nguyenmac?

It is just a suggestion, but I think is the best way and believe me, everybody will be more than happy to know that RehabMan maintain it.

Regards

Just a question, is not easier for all the users that someone like you (RehabMan) "for example" maintain it instead of nguyenmac?

If I provide a new PBI, it will be re-written, and will be without support for laptops that don't have Intel graphics.

It will depend on whether it is feasible/reliable to have a PBI that downloads everything dynamically (Clover/kexts/ACPI patches/config.plist/etc). Because I don't really want to have to update something separate.

I haven't decided if I want to maintain a PBI. It is a lot of work, and it is rather unnecessary.

If I provide a new PBI, it will be re-written, and will be without support for laptops that don't have Intel graphics.

It will depend on whether it is feasible/reliable to have a PBI that downloads everything dynamically (Clover/kexts/ACPI patches/config.plist/etc). Because I don't really want to have to update something separate.

I haven't decided if I want to maintain a PBI. It is a lot of work, and it is rather unnecessary.

I think I can speak for all the users here when I say that a dynamic PBI is a wonderful idea.
Please reconsider it and do it your way.
I mean, you are the primary individual that helps people here and if you establish a standard start point (PBI), the entire process will be easier for everyone (to succesfull install and maintain a working system), including you (to help us).
I know it is a lot of work, but, in some way, it repays the efforts.
I am sure that if we create a POLL asking if RehabMan should maintain a PBI, everybody will say a resounding YES!

Shall we try?

Regards

Hi im having trouble with no bluetooth on my pb6470b, I cant patch the kexts with the installer and get a fail.

Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro installd[394]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro Installer[414]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo={arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
), NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9e84245410 {Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 "(null)"}}
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro installd[394]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=414, uid=502 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro installd[394]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro Installer[414]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro Installer[414]: IFDInstallController 81E37230 state = 8
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro Installer[414]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jan 1 10:10:16 Davids-Mac-Pro Installer[414]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Back