Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I don't use Clover Configurator, so can't help you there.
What do you use? Can you help me get this over with please? I've been installing El Capitan and Windows and updating Clover on this HDD for like 3 or 4 days straight, man. I'm very very tired of this, but I can't use my computer normally or be at rest until it's functioning how I want it to.

I just want to get this over with. I think the HDD's reading the same EFI partition is my only big issue right now. I also got the plain grey login screen in Yosemite, but if I had to I could live with that.

Can you write me up a short guide?

What do you use?

I use Xcode to edit config.plist.

It is unlikely CC supports this new feature anyway.

Editing your config.plist with a plist editor (Xcode, PlistEdit Pro) is a basic skill you should learn.

I've never used this particular features as I don't need it. I use the same config for all versions of OS X installed. I don't quite get the need to use different serial#.

I use Xcode to edit config.plist.

It is unlikely CC supports this new feature anyway.

Editing your config.plist with a plist editor (Xcode, PlistEdit Pro) is a basic skill you should learn.

I've never used this particular features as I don't need it. I use the same config for all versions of OS X installed. I don't quite get the need to use different serial#.
There isn't a need for most people probably, but like I said, an app I use reads your serial and communicates with their server when you register it and it probably won't work right if I register it with same serial on both OS's. Would it?

Forget about that, I gave up. I tried to register the app I use called Boom and it registered on one HDD. I don't need it to be on both that badly.

You're right about not having a reason to have config files for both HDD's. I don't think it's common at all for apps to register using your serial number to count as a computer towards your license, based on what I've seen anyway. Global Delight, the makers of Boom use your OS X serial number to let them know how many computers you've installed their software on is what I'm saying. My license only allows me to install it on 2 computers/serial numbers at a time.

Thanks a ton for your help and patience, RehabMan, you're a good fella. :thumbup:

Last edited:
There isn't a need for most people probably, but like I said, an app I use reads your serial and communicates with their server when you register it and it probably won't work right if I register it with same serial on both OS's. Would it?

Why not use the same serial# for both systems?

I think you're making this more complex than necessary.

I was wondering, does booting Clover r3277 in safe boot fix disk directories like safe boot is supposed to on a real Mac?

Safe mode simply limits the kexts that load into the kernel (and a few other behaviors).

No idea what you mean by "fix disk directories".

Safe mode simply limits the kexts that load into the kernel (and a few other behaviors).

No idea what you mean by "fix disk directories".
I don't own a real Mac, so I wouldn't know from experience, but I read online that if you safe boot a Mac it scans your HDD and repairs disk directories if needed. I just wanted to know if it still did it on our hackintoshes.

It doesn't do that on a real Mac?

Here's where I read about it: http://www.cultofmac.com/267818/slow-mac-tune-up-macrx/

Back