Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I really need help, guys. I updated Clover EFI on my Yosemite partition and it would no longer boot. After tons and tons of test's and running verbose boot mode, I found out it's when I have an external monitor plugged into HDMI is when it loads extra long at the Apple logo, then the external monitor turns a barely lighter black like it's about to show picture, then the computer reboots. I know for sure it's HDMI causing this because I'm writing this booted in from the bootloader on the hard drive without an external monitor plugged in.

Now, before you ask or suggest, I do indeed have the proper kext's enabled and disabled in my config.plist file, but it still continues to do this. I also have my DSDT and SSDT's patched.

I also have a very irritating issue with this partition seeming not to read it's own config.plist, which might be the issue for the HDMI and the issue I'm about to speak of. I'm having an issue where this partition on it's own drive (Yosemite 10.10.5) and El Capitan 10.1 (on separate drive alongside Windows 7) shares the same serial number as the El Capitan partition, based on 'About This Mac', but if you look at this partitions config.plist, the serial is not the same, which obviously I want.

Now, why this is important is because I use a great system-wide EQ and volume booster application in OS X called Boom and when you activate it, it goes by your OS X serial and I only bought a 2 computer license, so you can see how this causes me problems.

Anyone who can help, that would be great. I'm even more bothered by the fact that it shares the same serial number as the other OS. I have no idea how to fix that, but I've fixed issues with the HDMI before, but this time it's bad.

Would also like to note that my sensors for my CPU temperature don't appear to be working after updating to Clover EFI r3277 and installing OS support drivers within HP ProBook Installer Clover 6.4.4.

Attached are some troubleshooting files that may help in finding this issue with my serial or config.plist.

UPDATE: I believe I fixed my HDMI display output by renaming 'AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB' (the one for VGA patch) differently. I had it named 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB', but that isn't named differently enough from the other similar named patch for the system to disable it apparently, so I named it 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphFB' so that if I ever wanted to enable it, it'd be obvious that graph meant graphics. Hope this renaming tip helps others. This is the second or third time I've had issues with HDMI display on the count of this patch and not renaming it differently enough.

Now onto my many other issues. haha

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-10-05 17-18.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I really need help, guys. I updated Clover EFI on my Yosemite partition and it would no longer boot. After tons and tons of test's and running verbose boot mode, I found out it's when I have an external monitor plugged into HDMI is when it loads extra long at the Apple logo, then the external monitor turns a barely lighter black like it's about to show picture, then the computer reboots. I know for sure it's HDMI causing this because I'm writing this booted in from the bootloader on the hard drive without an external monitor plugged in.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I also have a very irritating issue with this partition seeming not to read it's own config.plist, which might be the issue for the HDMI and the issue I'm about to speak of. I'm having an issue where this partition on it's own drive (Yosemite 10.10.5) and El Capitan 10.1 (on separate drive alongside Windows 7) shares the same serial number as the El Capitan partition, based on 'About This Mac', but if you look at this partitions config.plist, the serial is not the same, which obviously I want.

Not sure what you mean at all. There can be only one config.plist on the EFI partition at EFI/Clover/config.plist.

Would also like to note that my sensors for my CPU temperature don't appear to be working after updating to Clover EFI r3277 and installing OS support drivers within HP ProBook Installer Clover 6.4.4.

FakeSMC plugins were removed.

UPDATE: I believe I fixed my HDMI display output by renaming 'AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB' (the one for VGA patch) differently. I had it named 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB', but that isn't named differently enough from the other similar named patch for the system to disable it apparently, so I named it 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphFB' so that if I ever wanted to enable it, it'd be obvious that graph meant graphics. Hope this renaming tip helps others. This is the second or third time I've had issues with HDMI display on the count of this patch and not renaming it differently enough.

Neither 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB' nor 'disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphFB' will match against an actual kext. Both are effective in disabling a patch.

What I mean about the config files is there is two hard drives in GPT format in my computer, both of which contain OS X, and each hard drive has an EFI partition containing a config.plist file, but Yosemite reads the others serial from the other drive. It actually seems to read a lot of stuff from the other drive, such as launching Photoshop. It launches Photoshop on the other drive instead of the one on my Dock that is for sure supposed to be installed on this drive.

Also, may I ask why you removed FakeSMC? And can I add it back and use it?

By the way, in IOReg it shows I have my device set to El Capitan HD, but that's not the partition or HDD I want to send you, so should I use the real long dropdown menu at the top to select what seems like the other drive? It oddly doesn't say it's name like it does for El Capitan HD (my other HDD).

UPDATE: Nevermind, I clicked something I shouldn't have. IOReg views everything kind of at once i see.

Last edited:
What I mean about the config files is there is two hard drives in GPT format in my computer, both of which contain OS X, and each hard drive has an EFI partition containing a config.plist file, but Yosemite reads the others serial from the other drive. It actually seems to read a lot of stuff from the other drive, such as launching Photoshop. It launches Photoshop on the other drive instead of the one on my Dock that is for sure supposed to be installed on this drive.

Your computer will boot only from one of the EFI partitions.

Photoshop is not related to Clover and EFI.

Also, may I ask why you removed FakeSMC? And can I add it back and use it?

The plugins were removed from PBI because they are not CPU efficient, and not needed.

You can add them back if you want: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

Your computer will boot only from one of the EFI partitions.

Photoshop is not related to Clover and EFI.

The plugins were removed from PBI because they are not CPU efficient, and not needed.

You can add them back if you want: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

How do you suggest I resolve this OS X serial number mix up? I would really like to have El Capitan as a side OS until I decide if I like it, while having my trusty Yosemite on my other HDD.

How do you suggest I resolve this OS X serial number mix up? I would really like to have El Capitan as a side OS until I decide if I like it, while having my trusty Yosemite on my other HDD.

I don't think you've explained clearly enough what exactly you're doing.

I don't think you've explained clearly enough what exactly you're doing.

I'm not sure I can be clearer. I must have the serials for OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite (they are on separate HDD's) be different than one another, so that I can use an app I purchased without serial number mix up. Yosemite shares the same serial as El Capitan, even when I change the serial number for the Yosemite HDD. It does not read the serial in the config file located on the EFI partition on this HDD, it SEEMS to read the config file on the other HDD's EFI partition. You say both hard drives use the same EFI partition, so how does it seem like they don't other than my serial number issue? I have to patch DSDT, SSDT, create config file for both, right? That probably wouldn't be the case if both shared one EFI partition, but I don't know.

I'm not sure I can be clearer. I must have the serials for OS X El Capitan and OS X Yosemite (they are on separate HDD's) be different than one another, so that I can use an app I purchased without serial number mix up. Yosemite shares the same serial as El Capitan, even when I change the serial number for the Yosemite HDD. It does not read the serial in the config file located on the EFI partition on this HDD, it SEEMS to read the config file on the other HDD's EFI partition. You say both hard drives use the same EFI partition, so how does it seem like they don't other than my serial number issue? I have to patch DSDT, SSDT, create config file for both, right? That probably wouldn't be the case if both shared one EFI partition, but I don't know.

Clover reads all config data from one EFI partition. You can use separate plists per boot target with custom entries. This feature was recently added to Clover so you'll need to read up on it.

Back